Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 02:04 AM
    evidently you have missed the inroads the Repubs have made in key demographics like the Hispanic vote and Blacks .Clueless Joe,Kam the Sham , and the extreme radical lefty shift by the Dems will accelerate that trend.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 05:34 AM
    74 million Americans voted for Trump . I guess there are 74 million "Bible-totin' white evangelicals who treat Trump like the Second Coming. ".

Of course ,like you ,Clueless demonized almost half the electorate on 9/6/22.
    There were about at most 80,000 people at the rally last year ;and perhaps a few of thousand who marched to the Capitol and even fewer were stupid enough to enter .Most of those idiot <sarc> armed insurrectionists </sarc> walked around the Capitol taking selfies and at most smoked a joint before leaving, not even aware they had broken any laws at all.

Clueless must think there were 74 million who attacked the Capitol ,wearing buffalo horned hats and carrying dangerous MAGA flag polls . He ,like you ,lumped all of Trump supporters together to demonize them. He like you thinks the only way Repubs can win is by suppressing the vote . He will be in for a shocker come November .

His inflaming rhetoric is a far cry from the so called healer of the nation he claimed to be in the campaign. But just like his claims of being a moderate ;that was a lie . His speech was as much throwing red meat to the CNN dwindling base as Trump's addresses were to his base .Clueless Joe;s policies ? Crumbs to the pigeons .

My take from his address was that he was more engaged than he has been his whole Presidency. What did they do .......inject speedo into his veins ? He should show such passion in being the leader of the nation instead of taking a third of his first year on vacation, fully masked alone on the beach with his dog. I guess being engaged for a single day was not too taxing . He has the rest of the year to sleep it off.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2022, 05:43 AM
    But just like his claims of being a moderate ;that was a lie .
    You must remember the rules here. If Trump lies, then it's time to sound the alarm bells. If a liberal dem lies, then just turn over and go back to sleep.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 05:45 AM
    You know a lib dem lies when they open their mouth
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    74 million Americans voted for Trump . I guess there are 74 million "Bible-totin' white evangelicals who treat Trump like the Second Coming. ".
    The number of white evangelicals who voted for Trump is 44-45 million votes out of 74 million for Trump - 61%. Some figures put the white evangelical percentage at 67% of the total Trump vote. No matter how you slice it, the white evangelicals are by far the largest demographic voting for Trump.

a few of thousand (who) marched to the Capitol and even fewer were stupid enough to enter
    The stupid enough who stormed the Capitol were 2,000+, not all Trump supporters you claim I "lumped together" to demonize them.

.Most of those idiot <sarc> armed insurrectionists </sarc> walked around the Capitol taking selfies and at most smoked a joint before leaving, not even aware they had broken any laws at all.
    Did you type this with a straight face?

Have you seen any of the dozens of videos that show the insurrectionists climbing the walls, fighting with the police with pepper sprays, flagpoles, fists, beating some to the ground, causing 5 deaths among the police, terrifying members of Congress as they screamed "Hang Mike Pence" (and Nancy Pelosi), trashing the seat of US government and the offices inside, and terrorizing anybody they didn't like?

Did you really think it was tourists taking selfies?

Tomder, if you want a discussion (which I'm starting to doubt) please don't post absurdities like you did above and that no laws were broken. (That the rioters were aware of).

He (Biden) ,like you ,lumped all of Trump supporters together to demonize them.
    I did no such thing. I clearly numbered the insurrectionists at 2,000+.

He like you thinks the only way Repubs can win is by suppressing the vote
    No, I don't think that. What DOES worry me is how the Republicans are setting up the state legislatures to be the final arbiter of the electoral college votes. As a conservative, you can't possibly be in favor of that.

As to the rest of your screed below, the hysteria is there for all to see. Hysteria never supports a reasoned position, it does the opposite - destroys any credibility you might have had.

. He will be in for a shocker come November .

His inflaming rhetoric is a far cry from the so called healer of the nation he claimed to be in the campaign. But just like his claims of being a moderate ;that was a lie . His speech was as much throwing red meat to the CNN dwindling base as Trump's addresses were to his base .Clueless Joe;s policies ? Crumbs to the pigeons .

My take from his address was that he was more engaged than he has been his whole Presidency. What did they do .......inject speedo into his veins ? He should show such passion in being the leader of the nation instead of taking a third of his first year on vacation, fully masked alone on the beach with his dog. I guess being engaged for a single day was not too taxing . He has the rest of the year to sleep it off.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 01:42 PM
    elector slates are chosen prior to elections by statute. That can't be changed so your worries are unwarranted and over the top fear mongering .Had any state legislature attempted to seat a different slate than what the November election determined ,it would've been slapped down silly . The selection process, including any disputes, must be completed at least six days prior to the meeting of electors. That process happened and the electors chose Sleepless Joe on Dec 14.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 01:50 PM
    Have you seen any of the dozens of videos that show the insurrectionists climbing the walls, fighting with the police with pepper sprays, flagpoles, fists, beating some to the ground, causing 5 deaths among the police, terrifying members of Congress as they screamed "Hang Mike Pence" (and Nancy Pelosi), trashing the seat of US government and the offices inside, and terrorizing anybody they didn't like?
    Dozens yes that is about right . Most of the rest were let in to the Rotunda by the Capitol police ..They were like dogs that chase cars . They had no idea what to do if they caught one . So they milled around taking selfies . How do you think the FBI captured 700 of them ? The FBI checked out their Instagram pages. The idiots posted their selfies ! Would someone who was knowingly committing a crime do that ?
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 02:11 PM
    The number of white evangelicals who voted for Trump is 44-45 million votes out of 74 million for Trump - 61%. Some figures put the white evangelical percentage at 67% of the total Trump vote. No matter how you slice it, the white evangelicals are by far the largest demographic voting for Trump.
    Trump picked up percentages of the vote for every demographic except white men . Your figures would have every white who voted for Trump as an evangelical.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 02:21 PM
    He should show such passion in being the leader of the nation instead of taking a third of his first year on vacation, fully masked alone on the beach with his dog. I guess being engaged for a single day was not too taxing . He has the rest of the year to sleep it off.
    By the end of October ,Clueless spent 108 of 276 days away from the White House . He treats the Presidency as a 9-5 ,5 days a week job including a half day on Fridays

Uber Member

Jan 10, 2022, 02:53 PM
    Your figures would have every white who voted for Trump as an evangelical.
    Yep. That's kind of doubtful. Of course it would nice if it was true, but...
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 05:58 PM
    By the end of October ,Clueless spent 108 of 276 days away from the White House .
    On the nation's business, unlike Trump who slept late and watched TV all day with his Happy Meal from Mickey D's. Trump famously spent more time golfing than his predecessor who Trump roundly criticized for golfing.

Your figures would have every white who voted for Trump as an evangelical.
    They're not my figures, they are the figures of several polling organizations. Google them. You can google, can't you?

Dozens yes that is about right . Most of the rest were let in to the Rotunda by the Capitol police ..They were like dogs that chase cars . They had no idea what to do if they caught one . So they milled around taking selfies . How do you think the FBI captured 700 of them ? The FBI checked out their Instagram pages. The idiots posted their selfies ! Would someone who was knowingly committing a crime do that ?
    Dozens of VIDEOS! THOUSANDS of insurrectionists!

elector slates are chosen prior to elections by statute. That can't be changed so your worries are unwarranted and over the top fear mongering .Had any state legislature attempted to seat a different slate than what the November election determined ,it would've been slapped down silly . The selection process, including any disputes, must be completed at least six days prior to the meeting of electors. That process happened and the electors chose Sleepless Joe on Dec 14.
    You haven't been paying attention. Try some other channels besides Bret Baier.

No, I don't think that. What DOES worry me is how the Republicans are setting up the state legislatures to be the final arbiter of the electoral college votes. As a conservative, you can't possibly be in favor of that.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 06:22 PM
    No, I don't think that. What DOES worry me is how the Republicans are setting up the state legislatures to be the final arbiter of the electoral college votes
    Not happening Show me the specific proposal besides the musings of Mark Levin's fantasies
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2022, 06:27 PM
    you know what concerns me ? Your new mayor signing off on a city council plan to allow illegals and non-citizens to vote in the city .
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2022, 07:48 PM
    white evangelicals who voted for Trump is 44-45 million votes out of 74 million for Trump - 61%.
    I know how to google. Only 14% of Americans identify as white evangelicals. That works out to about 45 million people. Only 80% of white evangelicals who voted did so for Trump. It is obvious that not all of the 45 million even voted to begin with, so clearly a figure of 44-45 million white evangelicals voting for Trump would not seem to be possible.

https://religionnews.com/2020/11/05/...eligious-vote/

https://www.quora.com/In-2020-84-of-...up-is-older-on
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2022, 04:43 PM
    Not happening Show me the specific proposal besides the musings of Mark Levin's fantasies
    Republican legislators in swing states have argued that legislatures should have the final say over certifying election results. The states in question are usually swing states. No reason to bother with heavily red or blue states - just the close states.

Here's a sampling:

ARIZONA

Republicans proposed a law to allow a majority vote of the Legislature to revoke the secretary of state’s certification of a presidential elector’s certificate of the election. The Secretary of State, a Democrat, said that such a law would, in effect, eliminate the presidential election. The session ended before a vote could be taken. Then the Republicans announced that the power to defend election lawsuits would be taken from the Secretary of State and given to the Attorney General, a Republican.

PENNSYLVANIA

Republican lawmakers proposed withdrawing certification of Biden's win and appointing its own electors instead. Cooler heads prevailed and the proposal was shot down.

WISCONSIN

Republican members of Wisconsin’s state Assembly attempted to prevent Congress from certifying the Electoral College results. The plaintiffs asked the court to give state legislatures final approval over election results.

The judge ruled against the plaintiffs saying it was an obvious misinterpretation of the Constitution. He later suggested sanctioning the attorney for bringing the case.

Among others states trying to subvert the election process are Arkansas and Georgia.

This is election subversion," Biden said. "It’s the most dangerous threat to voting and the integrity of free and fair elections in our history. Never before have they decided who gets to count ... what votes count.

The Republican leadership, state and federal, continues to do its best to damage the democratic process in favor of an autocracy. They do this WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE they know exactly what they are doing.
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2022, 05:01 PM
    so in other words ;in no case were the electors that were selected before the election removed ;and there is no legislation in state legislatures that would reverse the reality that elector slate are set BEFORE the elections .
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2022, 05:17 PM
    The number of white evangelicals who voted for Trump is 44-45 million votes out of 74 million for Trump - 61%.
    At least we now know that this was not accurate.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 12, 2022, 03:55 AM
    36 million is 80% of 45 million while we nit pick. The real question is the far right racist voters repubs court by scaring the crap out of them with the rise of the colored people and immigrants in places they object to like a Starbucks.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2022, 05:31 AM
    so in other words ;in no case were the electors that were selected before the election removed ;and there is no legislation in state legislatures that would reverse the reality that elector slate are set BEFORE the elections .
    No "other words" about it. It is exactly what I originally said - the attempts of Republican legislators to change how the president is elected. They have not yet been successful but they will continue to try to change our democracy to an autocracy by rigging the presidential election.

As previously stated, conservatives, presumably yourself, should be horrified at such un-democratic behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    36 million is 80% of 45 million while we nit pick. The real question is the far right racist voters repubs court by scaring the crap out of them with the rise of the colored people and immigrants in places they object to like a Starbucks.
    Good point.

The number of white evangelicals is not agreed upon. It can go from 14% to 37% depending on who is counting.
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2022, 05:34 AM
    Again you have no evidence that the Republicans are trying to change the laws about how electors are selected before election day. On the other hand Clueless in an attempt to create a one party Democrat dictatorship wants to destroy long standing Senate rules to unconstitutionally change how America votes is every election . All Americans should be horrified at that prospect

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sham Wedding [ 1 Answers ]

I know a girl and boy who pretended to be married to each other just to get the girl in England. Know the girl has been granted indefinite leave to remain in UK. Should I report this to home office

2012 The end or another sham [ 25 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but if it's not I'm sure Ben will move it. Since History Channel is doing a whole week dedicated to this, I was wondering what your thoughts about it was. Will the Earth be sucked into a black hole? Will "God" unleash his angry side with fierce...

Anyone here have the famous SHAM WOW? [ 3 Answers ]

Just wondering if it is worth ordering. Are you happy with it? I want one but don't want to waste money if it isn't the greatest thing ever! Thanks;)

My marriage is a sham [ 1 Answers ]

I am hearing impaired woman and I just found out that my husband was still married to his first wife when she claimed that he was her lawful husband. He lied to me, my parents, the church pastor and everyone and claimed that his wife died. And was devastated over that. I did everything I could and...

View more questions Search