Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tombtaylor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 07:44 AM
    CRAFTSMAN TRACTOR model 917.273399
    When I release clutch/brake pedal or push clutch lever up the engine on my craftsman tractor model 917.273399 turns off. How do I adjust the clutch/brake pedal so engine continues to run?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 10:00 AM
    Hi,
    This is normally an indication that you have a problem with a safety switch. The mower must detect the presence of the operator on the seat when the clutch is released or the blades engaged. That makes the seat switch a common culprit.
    This can be verified by unplugging the Black wire near the starter(accoding to the schematic attached.) The problem should vanish, but the key switch will not turn it off. That can be accomplished by plugging it back up. Then you must find the failed switch.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

tombtaylor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 06:17 PM
    Thanks I will check to see if I have a bad switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Garden Tractor model #917.273050? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find out the year that this tractor was purchased/sold?

Sears lawn tractor Model 917.273399 troubleshooting? [ 4 Answers ]

Blades do not disengage when I move the attachment clutch lever (there is a slack in the cable). I need to move the cutting deck up and down to get the blades to disengage. There is a lever (arm) under the Pulley, Mandrel that I can push by hand that causes the pulley to side forward and disengage...

Craftsman 917.273399 lawn tractor repairs? [ 1 Answers ]

Tractor will start and run, but stalls when you let out the clutch?

Craftsman model 917.273399 18HP B&S 5BSXS.5012VP runs for 15 min, quits [ 2 Answers ]

Have a Craftsman LT1000, model# above, engine above. Starts fine cold, runs 15 minutes, dies, cools off, starts, runs 15 min, dies, etc. Replaced oil, filter, fuel filter, gas cap, air filter, spark plug, & gas. Also let gas tank drain a bit in case of something big in the line. Haven't checked...

I have a Craftsman tractor model 917.272751. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman tractor model 917.272751. When I start it, it runs for about 1 minute,then starts missing and finally stalls. Sometimes it will restart, but sometimes it will not. However, after awhile, it will start again. Please advise

View more questions Search