Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katgreen881 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2015, 12:14 PM
    Could my friends parents adopt me? I'm 15.
    Could my friends parents "adopt" me per se, if I went to live with them? I'm 15, and I have a lot of issue in my family that I would like to get away from.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2015, 12:44 PM
    Will your parents give you up? Have you asked your friend's parents about this?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 25, 2015, 12:50 PM
    Not without permission they can't, matter of fact, you can't visit without your parents permission. What's the issue with your parents?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2015, 01:07 PM
    Give it up... you only get one set of parents... and you will learn in a few years... its you that is causing the issues not them. And at some point you are going to be sorry for it.

And besides.. as others have mentioned... adoption is expensive (who is going to pay the tens of thousands its going to cost)... it takes a lot of time... and its not going to happen unless BOTH your parents agree to it.

And besides... its all moot the day you turn 18 and are legally an adult anyway, and find out for yourself how wrong you were about everything and how hard it is going to be to do things your own way.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 25, 2015, 05:44 PM
    Also your friends parents could get in trouble for parental interference. So they would be smart to not even agree.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2015, 09:53 PM
    First they will need an attorney. Your bio mother and father would have to agree to give up custody of you, to allow for an adoption. Most family courts may also want to see if there is some counseling or other intervention that could work first.

Other family may also have a right to contest and try to prove it best for you to be with them.

If your parents agree, and if no other family contests, An adoption may be allowed.
    sahitya Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2015, 01:45 AM
    Even if they adopted you, you will not get attached with them as your own parents.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2015, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sahitya View Post
    Even if they adopted you, you will not get attached with them as your own parents.
    Huh? That makes no sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want my friends family to adopt me [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I live with my dad, in New Jersey... my mom lives in Florida. I was born in Indiana. All of my brothers and sisters live in Indiana... by blood I have 3 brothers and one sister but their other parents and stuff went and had kids it complicated but if you consider all of us there's 13 and...

Can my best friends mom adopt me? [ 1 Answers ]

Im a 12 year old girl and my parents nonstop lecture me about everything I do. My dad abuses me,but I'm scared to call anyone to help because I don't know what will happen. I really want to live with my best friend but, I have no idea how to leave my hell house.

Adopt a child from our friends [ 2 Answers ]

If we adopt a child from our friends, is her name was registered by the name of his real father or adopted father

Can my best friends father adopt me? [ 2 Answers ]

I live with my mom and step dad. My biological father hit me twice and mentally and emotionally abused me as a child, so I can not go to live with him. My mother has two other children with my step-father and is good with taking care of them and so is my step-father, but they are not what's best...

How can my friends mother adopt me [ 5 Answers ]

My moms house is dirty,there's no room for me to sleep,there is no food,roaches everywhere,even in broad daylight there's billions of roaches,on the bed in the bathroom,every little corner you will find roaches,the bathroom is full of nothing but dirty clothes.closets that can't even be open...

View more questions Search