Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nfloresca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Broke pipe under kitchen sink
    Hi - my kitchen sink was clogged so I tried to unclog it by using a snaker. The problem is, when I tried to disconnect the pipe (PVC PIPE?) under the sink, the pipe snapped off right where it comes out of the wall. How do I fix that? Is it an easy fix or is it expensive??
    vintage_surf21 Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Feb 29, 2008, 08:56 PM
    If you are renting a condo... I do not recommend you fixing it at all! I recommend you taking a good 3-4 day vacation immediately and pretending like you never knew the leak existed. My uncle did that. After that many days he could claim that mold was growing in the walls and his insurance cutt him a check so big that it covered the cost to remodel the entire house with more money left over to go in the bank.

Good luck!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 09:11 PM
    Post a picture using "Go advanced".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken drain pipe under kitchen sink [ 13 Answers ]

Trying to remove the trap under the kitchen sink, I managed to break the pipe. Now the piece right behind the trap is stuck in the pipe that comes out of the wall, I cannot seem to pull it free. What's the best way to get this out?

Replacing J pipe under kitchen sink [ 6 Answers ]

The old J pipe basically disintegrated in my hand when I pressed my thumb against the leak. So I bought a new one, matching it exactly to the metal one I removed. I asked them at Lowe's about joint compound and they said use plumber's putty. Here is my question: How does one use plumber's putty?...

Kitchen sink drain pipe leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a big leak under the kitchen floor, I went under the house and I can see the leak which is right in the center of the kitchen. The crawling space was very minimal and hard to get to the cast iron pipe. I was thinking about opening the kitchen floor which is wood to see if I can fix the...

Leaky pipe under kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just moved into my new house and I have a problem with the kitchen sink. When water is just running through the sink and pipes, there is no leaking. However, when I fill up the sink with water (say to soak pots) and then let the water out, the pipes underneath leak terribly as though the...

View more questions Search