Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CAROLJESTERKIL Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Nov 18, 2009, 08:11 AM
    Sexual offender
    My boyfriend is a #2 sexual offender because he touched his daughter inappropriately, she had an irritation in the private area he looked at it and scratched the area with his finger nail. The next day she was still complaining about the irritation went to the school nurse and the nurse saw the scratch and how has a felony conviction of a sexual offender because he didn't want to put his child through any drama. Should he have fought against the conviction which he spent 2 years in prison for. And should I let him come live with me and my children.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Is this the story coming from him? Or from the daughter? Sounds a little too far fetched to be true.

I wouldn't risk losing my children due to this whether the story is true or not, he was convicted. So you may lose custody of your children if he lives with you.

Nov 18, 2009, 08:35 AM

This is the story he told me. He has no contact with his daughter.
    Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 08:42 AM
    Whether he has contact with his daughter or not is irrelevant. He was CONVICTED, so you risk losing your children if you and your children live with him.

Don't you think you could get a man with better moral character than a child molester? What do you think you would be teaching your children by being in a relationship with a person like this?

Nov 18, 2009, 08:49 AM

He's a very sweet man he made one mistake. I have been knowing him for over 10 years and never thought he was the type to be called a sex offender. He has never done anything to my children and they really like him. This incident happened years ago should he be alone for something he should have fought against in the first place.
    Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 09:22 AM
    Carol, I don't think you understand. The man, no matter how nice he is or how much your children like him, has been CONVICTED. DHS won't take into consideration that he's nice, all they care about is the CONvICTION!

I stand by my original statement that you could lose your children to the state if you live with this man.. Oh, and I only live 45 miles from the Arkansas border, so I am familiar with how your state works in these circumstances. I also have a family member who works with DHS to determine whether children should be sent back to their families. If you are living with a convicted child sex offender, this person would not release the children back to your custody.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2009, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CAROLJESTERKIL View Post
    because he didn't want to put his child through any drama. Should he have fought against the conviction which he spent 2 years in prison for. And should I let him come live with me and my children.
    Hello Carol:

Of course he should have fought his conviction, because the drama didn't go away.

If you have young children, NO you can't let him move in with you.. Of course, they like him. So??

I do agree with you, though. He shouldn't be alone. Wait till your kids grow up, and you can be with him.

excon
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 09:38 AM
    People who accidentally scratch their child don't spend two years in jail. There has to be more to the story that he isn't telling you. Much more.

Why would you even be willing to take a chance with your own children?

I would not even let a convicted child offender on my property, much less enter my home.

Do you love him more than your own kids?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 10:17 AM

Pedophiles do not look like predators and they do not have a certain persona that makes them obvious.They look and act just like anyone else.

Your statement that he was never the type you would call a sex offender makes no sense for that very reason.

Legally you can not allow him in your home or anywhere near your children.He must be registered for life as a level two sex offender.(the law in my state)That means he is forbidden to be around children.

Scratching a child's vagina is not an act that could occur simply by looking at it.It makes NO SENSE!

There was other evidence or he would not have been incarcerated,I am confidant of that.

Know also that pedophiles make some of the greatest boyfriends for single Moms because they are so happy to be in a home where they can see children and maybe sneak a peek at them they will go to any length to please Mom to stay in that environment.

I suggest that you arm yourself with knowledge about child molesters and understand the psychological aspects of pedophilia.

If someone would molest their own child,they would clearly have no qualms about molesting yours.

Bottom line,this man may or may not be innocent but is that a CHANCE you really are willing to take with your children?

I don't care if he was the last man on earth and he had the last slice of bread on earth,I would starve before I would let him near my kids.
    You know something isn't right here or you would not be asking this question.
    That little voice in the back of your head needs to be obeyed.It is your guardian angel.

Nov 18, 2009, 11:41 AM

I hear all statements and that little voice is speaking or better yet yelling so thanks for all the statements
    Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CAROLJESTERKIL View Post
    I hear all statements and that little voice is speaking or better yet yelling so thanks for all the statements
    I hope that voice is yelling in favor of the safety of your children. Remember, you only heard one side of the story. ;)
    DnJzMommy Posts: 10, Reputation: -2

Nov 19, 2009, 04:23 PM
    Slow down- Hes still a class 2 sex offendor -so whether the story was true or not- not only he can get into serious trouble for living with you but you will to- you can face a serious charge for endangering the welfare of a child- your literally putting your child at risk. And secondly- its da same as a murderer - he won't say he killed a man he'll tell people it was self defense or he was innocent right. When you think of a little girl with an irritaion- you don't touch it for one- most men would prob panic and send them straight to the mom or their own mother to handle it- for the love of god they won't even change a diaper. Just be careful because you don't want to learn about the truth the hard way.

Sry- I forgot to mention: of he felt innocent you would think he would have had the little girl speak out- they always tell the truth when their small- and it makes you realize if it was something she kept complaing about why didn't he send her to the doctor instead of school. If she was complaing in school it must have bothered her the entire night
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2009, 08:36 PM

OK, you don't really believe his story about how this happened,? I am sorry the tooth fairly is more beleiveable than that line of bull.

You need to send him down the road and not even near your children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is a sex offender and he has a 10 year old son can he live with his son if he is considered a sex offender?

Sex offender [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a reg. sex offender for inticing a chold for indecient purposes can you be around children or computers in the state of Georgia?

Sexual offender status [ 2 Answers ]

Honey I have a similar prob. My boyfriend is 23. When he was 20 he was with a 15yr old for a summer, until they got caught. Her mom bought her flavored condoms and knew he got her a diamond engagement ring. Her dads girlfriend caught them in a shower and called the cops. He spent one year in...

First Offender Act in GA [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know about the 1st Offender Act. I live in Georgia and have been charged with a Felony "C." This is the first time I have ever been in trouble. Please assist.

Sex offender [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ohio... My daughter is 18 and she met this guy who is 32 and it turns out he is a sexual offender... Is there an age limit or something I can do about it?? I heard that she has to be 21 is that only if he is on probation??

View more questions Search