Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stewart1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2014, 03:39 PM
    Texas Employment Wage Dispute
    I am paid twice per month, and in past years our Christmas bonus has been paid on Dec 15, after which we receive an end-of-year payroll on or about Dec 30. I asked my admin today why my end-of-year wire had not hit today (being a small company they usually pay on the day the pay period ends) and he told me that the Dec 15 pay included the end-of-year pay. I was not informed of this in writing or verbally until today, and in past years things were not done like this. Am I entitled to pay for Dec 15-today?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 30, 2014, 05:14 PM
    You GOT your Dec 15 pay, right? You have one right: to your wages (and bonuses are not a right). Getting wages early isn't against any law I know of.
    If I'm misunderstanding something, please clarify.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 30, 2014, 07:55 PM
    You got your pay, both the bonus and the end of year pay you talked about. They don't need to inform you of changes they made in paying a bonus. You got the pay you were entitled to, so what are you asking for?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 30, 2014, 08:11 PM
    Do you have a contract that spells out in detail when you are supposed to be paid? Did they explain the change to the other employees? If so, were you in the office at the time or away from it?

Did you read your pay stub to see exactly what it covered? If you still have your pay stub, read it and see what monies were paid-regular pay, pay period(s) covered, bonus if there was one. If it covered the Dec. 15th to Dec. 30th pay period, did you receive the correct amount?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2014, 05:38 AM
    So go back to your Dec 15 pay stub and check it. Make sure, that the gross salary was for a whole month. That's what pay stubs are for. I can understand not checking because it was larger than normal because of the bonus, but the stub should contain the information. There should have been separate line items for gross salary and gross bonus. If there was not, then you should go back to payroll and ask for an itemization.

Yes, you are entitled to pay from 12/15 to end of month. But, assuming that the pay stub lists the proper amount of salary for the month of December, then you already received it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2014, 05:54 AM
    You were either paid, or not paid,if they paid early, there is no dispute possible, they may pay early if they want.

As noted, you go back and account for all of the money, your pay receipt should be specific as to what was pay and what was bonus

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Place of employment to do a wage garnishment [ 4 Answers ]

I have a judgment against a former tenant. How do I find out his place of employment in order to do a wage garnishment. I have tried Facebook, linkedin, etc. I do not have an attorney and would like to avoid one since they are very expensive.

LOA and Texas employment law [ 3 Answers ]

I have an employee who is on a medical LOA. She is not on an FMLA leave. We are small business and only have 20 employees so she does not qualify for FMLA. I have asked her for a doctors note on several occasions and she has not complied. She has been gone for 30 days. Several of my employees have...

Can a creditor garnish my wage in Texas? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas and my car was repossessed couple years back can the bank come and garnish my wage or my bank now

Creditor wage garnishment in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a nationwide company and had a garnishment writ awarded against me to a landlord of mine in Arizona. I have since moved back to Texas. I know that this is legal in AZ but not in Texas. My HR dept said that they need a release from the clerk to stop the garnishment. My question is,...

View more questions Search