Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VWDaveb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 07:12 PM
    Lawn mower engine help
    I have a Craftsman 18.5hp with a B&S OHV engine. It started sputtering today. Now it will run for about 30 seconds and shut off. I've replaced fuel, fuel filter, eliminated the soliniod on the carb bowl with no luck. It does have a black round device on the side of the engine that that the fuel line hooks ot to on one side and back the other, also a vacuum line hooked up to it also. Any ideas what ti try?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 11:52 AM

Hi,
    Your describing the fuel pump. Try disconnecting the line going to the carb to see if you get a strong pulse of fuel when the engine spins over.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engine oil for lawn mower [ 5 Answers ]

I cannot find info in my manual. What kind of engine oil can I use in a Troy-Bilt Model Series 440 lawn mower?

Lawn mower engine repair [ 3 Answers ]

How do I change the pull rope on my weed eater lawn mower

Lawn Mower Engine [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lot of smoking coming from my lawn mower engine and when I remove the front muffler there is oil in the muffler and leaking from the muffler pipe. What is the problem?

Frozen lawn mower engine. [ 8 Answers ]

My lawn mower has been resting for several months.Now that I have tried to start it, it will barely turn. Is there some way I can unfreeze the engine without taking it apart? Thanks, ...

View more questions Search