Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edkor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 02:28 PM
    CD drive opens
    My CD drive on a dell laptop keeps opening up very erratically. No disk in it. Just keeps popping open usually every minute or so. Any ideas?
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Jan 25, 2009, 06:06 PM

I can't really think of any specific reason for it happening, other than a possible virus infection. Make sure your antivirus software is up to date, and do a scan. If you don't have antivirus, or yours is out of date and can't be updated, use the free online scan here:
    Trend Micro HouseCall - Free Online Virus and Spyware Scan - Trend Micro USA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genie Pro 88 Opens but Does Not Close! [ 22 Answers ]

My Genie Pro 88 is about 18 years old. Suddenly it seems to only open. To close it, I must pull the emergency handle to disconnect it, then close manually. However, if I reconnect the mechanism once the door is closed, it opens just fine by remote or by hard wire. If the door is in the open...

D drive double click opens "Open with" [ 1 Answers ]

D drive double click opens "Open with". It happened after installing, updating and scanning my system with a new antivirus. But if I drop down from the address bar, then the drive opens. Otherwise it just give the "Open with" window which leads me to nowhere. Do answer me here or mail to...

XL only opens with sheet not workbook [ 1 Answers ]

All XL workbooks formerly saved only open in sheet format. When documents are copied and taken to another computer, all sheets of workbook are there. How can this be converted back to opening as a workbook?

What I want to do if "local disk drive c" opens automatically [ 3 Answers ]

Hi; When I am log in to my computer each time my "local disk drive c" is opening automatically.what I want to do stop opening of drive.

IE7 opens when closing folders [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, When I close anyfolders an about: blank IE7 page comes up. There wasn't any problems with IE6. Can u please provide me with a solution because it is quite annoying? Thank you

View more questions Search