Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tianamariesmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 01:54 PM
    violation of probation- didn't pee but signed failed for hydrocodone to probation
    misdemeanor probation violation one was dismissed I was released 6/10 /10
    I violated for a random drug screen by admitting I wouldn't pass probby didn't make me pee but had to sign waiver, he felt bad I was falling apart I'm on felony agg. Battery charges brought to simple battery on probation for a year, its been 5-6 months now he say he's sending techanical violations to judge asking that I b released to him to go to counseling and if the judge oks it I Don't GO TO JAIL @ all, is this true?? I nviolated exactly a week from today 7th, he said it takes @ least two weeks for answer, is this enough info for a detalied answer?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2010, 02:04 PM

No one here knows - if that's what the PO said, that's what I would believe.

Yes, that's enough details (and no one but you ever posts all the details). It's just impossible to say and I would believe the PO unless you have some reason not to believe him.

If counselling doesn't work, of course, and you do violate again you most definitely will go to jail.
    kitbit44 Posts: 1, Reputation: -2

Jan 23, 2011, 03:43 PM
    It literally makes me sick how all of these people who are already on probation can get online and try to find another way to take advantage of our Justice System again. I feel that every state in the U.S should have the 3 strikes and you are out laws. See it time and time again, those going in for violating the laws of the land, get a slap on the wrist and go right back out and do it again. Jail Over-crowding Not An Acceptable Excuse to me to let them out or off. They are out to beat our system at taxpaper's expense any way they can. HOPE YOU ALL GET WHAT IS DUE YOU!!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2011, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitbit44 View Post
    It literally makes me sick how all of these people who are already on probation can get online and try to find another way to take advantage of our Justice System again. I feel that every state in the U.S should have the 3 strikes and you are out laws. See it time and time again, those going in for violating the laws of the land, get a slap on the wrist and go right back out and do it again. Jail Over-crowding Not An Acceptable Excuse to me to let them out or off. They are out to beat our system at taxpaper's expense any way they can. HOPE YOU ALL GET WHAT IS DUE YOU!!!

Another one hit wonder - joins, has nothing to say but this, poof - gone.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jan 23, 2011, 06:37 PM

Even if we don't like it or agree with it...

The law is the law. This particular section deals with law.

Not your opinion, my opinion, or anyone's opinion.
    Matters here.
    Only statutes, codes, laws, and rules.

How we feel about it or how it affects us is covered elsewhere.

Only the facts matter here.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 06:43 AM

The issue is did they tell you that to get you to confess ? They are allowed to lie to get you to sign a confession.

Was it a deal worked out with your attorney ? Is it in writing, did he give you paper work saying that was what he was doing.

The PO can of course make a recommendation to the judge as to their opinion, and yes, they can recommend that you be released back on probation, that is common to happen.

The PO is just required to turn you in for violations but does not have to feel you need to be in prision.

And the PO can recommend they find the deepest hole in the worst prison and throw you in to it.

In either case the judge does not have to do what the PO wants, if the Judge had a fight with his wife, had bill collectors bothering him, and he is in a bad mood, he can do what he wants.

So it all depends on if they believe you will really do better this time, or if they think you are just playing the court system.
    Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 07:06 AM
    Comment on kitbit44's post
    So you never speed , run a red light, download a song or movie free? Or are these not serious enough breeches of the law? Jails would not be overcrowded if non-violent offenders weren't taking up 60% of the space needed for criminals.
    Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 07:10 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Just the facts mam. Thanks
    Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 07:13 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Or the judge may be out of his oxycontin and grumpy until he gets his 'script filled.
    RWILSON 3266 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2011, 07:54 AM
    I recevied a phone call a week and a half after I gave a u.a that I was positive for meth. I also tested three days later which was negative. I denied the results due to doing these test for two years and never having a positive result. I was never shown the sample that said it was positive I was told I had to pay $39.00 more dollars to have the sample I've never seeen to a lab. This doesn't sound right to me
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2011, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RWILSON 3266 View Post
    This doesnt sound right to me
    Hello R:

I'm sure it's not.. Do YOU trust the PO to do things RIGHT?? I surly don't... So, if you're not dirty, PAY the money for a new test to PROVE it...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation for 1st failed drug test. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey wats up... I got caught on under 50 gram of marijauna and got all the charges moved to a conditional discharge... I went to my PO and after the drug test she told me "if you pass this... u will never see me again" just my luck I found out I failed my first drug test for probation... so I have...

1st Time Probation Violation - Failed urine test [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 1st time probationee in Travis County , Tx . I have been on probation for 4 months out of 12 for marijuana possession . I am pretty confident that I will fail this test coming up on Friday . Based on my no previous convictions ( other than traffic offences ) is it likely that my probation...

What happens on your first probation violation for a failed drug screen [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested in 2007 for possession of a firearm with no license to carry, I served 2 years with 3 years probation, having one year left. I just failed a random drug screen which violated my probation, what are they going to do

What happens if I violate probation a day before my probation is up but didn't get arr [ 1 Answers ]

What happens if I violate probation a day before my probation was up but didn't get arrested

Misdemanor probation violation in NC for failed drug screen [ 3 Answers ]

I just failed my 3rd UA for weed. I need to know what I'm looking at in the NC court system. Please help me with any answers, I have a wife and a 3 year old little girl that need me. Am I going to jail or what? My sentence was for 45 days put off to 11/29 probation. This will be my first time going...

View more questions Search