Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Transmission range switch vs position sensor
    1998 Honda CR-V Check engine light came on. Honda troubleshot it saying it needed the transmission range switch replaced. After work done, invoice showed that the position sensor was replaced (part # 28900-P4T-003). Are these two parts one in the same? Thank you for your help.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 08:19 AM
    If Light went out and all works well, more than likely the same part. They are both varible, as opposed to one being an indicating light(idiot light).
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2007, 11:43 AM
    The full name is Transmission Range Position Sensor (TRPS). It's the same thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toggle switch won't move to on position [ 11 Answers ]

If a machine stops working by its self because it is overloaded the toggle switch has moved its self in the mid position I can get it to move to the on position it basically tripped the breaker how to I put it back on the on position

Electric Range Position [ 1 Answers ]

My electrician left a 220-receptacle for me where my new electric range goes. The receptacle is about halfway up the wall. When I plug the range in and push it back into position is sticks out from the wall about 2-1/2 inches because of the size of the plug. Is this acceptable or do I need to...

Can't move switch out of Pilot position [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to light the pilot light on the gas furnace. The switch won't move out of the "Pilot" position. If the pilot lights and stays lit - is there a danger in leaving it on "Pilot"?

View more questions Search