Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JellyButtonLint Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2010, 08:00 AM
    Creative way to ask girlfriend to dance.
    Im looking for an original way to ask my girlfriend to dance. Obviously I'm trying to think of something unique and something nobodies really done before. Suggestions wanted... :)
    taaam Posts: 27, Reputation: 9

Apr 15, 2010, 08:43 AM

For me, it all depends on the situation and the song that is playing. It's hard to tell. You just got to practise yourself in front of the mirror, while picturing the situation and having some music running in the background.

Watching movies is a great help!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 15, 2010, 06:21 PM

But if we give you an idea, that means the idea must have come from somewhere. In other words, that means you're just using someone else's idea. If you want something unique, then you need to come up with it yourself.

Apr 19, 2010, 08:14 AM

I got the idea of posting an ad in the classifieds in my local newspaper with my picture and the words "Prom?" under it.

Her car recently got broken into and her GPS got stolen. I figure I'm going to tell her I found her GPS for sale in the newspaper or something along those lines...

Tell me what you think. I think its pretty original.

Apr 19, 2010, 08:18 AM

The only think I'm kind of worried about is that the section it would belong in would be announcements. Idk if I list is as a for sale item if they would allow it. We'll see... I could also put it in the lost and found section?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 19, 2010, 08:35 AM

I hope that she says yes, because you're setting yourself up for a big let-down if she says no.

Did you actually find her GPS? Are you going to tell her to look in the classified section to make sure that she sees it?

I'm more in favor of finding a way to say the words (directly coming from your mouth and face-to-face), instead of having some newspaper speak for you. Sounds like you're hiding behind the newspaper.

Apr 29, 2010, 08:15 AM

She's my girlfriend. Its not like she's going to say no haha. I was just wanting a creative way. She said yes. I bought her a replacement GPS already about 3 weeks ago. I just told her that I'm pretty sure I found her stolen GPS in the classifieds and told her she should look into finding out if it had the same serial number. Then I made a fake posting in the local newspaper. At the end of the posting it said "(Name) will you go to prom with me"
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 09:29 AM

Hmmm... I think you are on the right track, but not sure about the fake add. Why not something like "found: one amazing girl, maybe something cute and funny, and than ask the question... I'm sure there is lots of ways you can play with a lost and found ad.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 05:53 PM

You could fill her locker with balloons and fill one with helium with a string on it - have a note at the end asking her to go to prom with you.

You could get her a giant cookie and have them decorate it to say, "The only thing sweeter would be having you as my prom date!"

You could write a poem about her and if you aren't the sappy type, make it funny, telling her all the ways she's the perfect date for prom.

You could take her out to eat and have the waiter bring her a card inviting her to prom.

Have a friend write "will you go to prom with me?" on your back and tell her you got a tattoo.

You could set up a scavenger hunt at a mall where she gets little gifts along the way, and which ultimately leads her to end up at the tuxedo shop, where you are waiting for her and ask her if she'd like to pick out a tuxedo so you can take her to prom.

You can hang a huge banner on the garage door at her house.

Send flowers to her house and have "will you join me for prom?" on the enclosed card.

My boyfriend worked for our church when we were seniors as a painter. He put a tuxedo coat over his paint clothes and came over to my house during break. He had a boom box and played our song and got down on his knee on my doorstep and asked me to prom. It was really silly and ridiculous and I'm 45 so can honestly say, it was memorable! The guy I went to junior prom with asked me on a date, and during the date he asked the manager to go in front of the entire theater and say, "Hey Jane (not my real name), Dave wants to know if you'll go to prom with him!" It was kind of embarrassing, but I loved the attention.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 29, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyButtonLint View Post
    Shes my girlfriend. Its not like shes going to say no haha. I was just wanting a creative way. She said yes.
    I am glad it worked out. I hope you have a great time at the Prom. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dance Studios - more empahsis on dance or business [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding dance studios. I would like a sincere answer from someone who either owns or knows someone well who does own their own dance studio. It has been my experience that studios will put more emphasis on business rather than dance. The reason for this is I have seen good...

What dance dance revolutiondo I buy for PS2. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: there are so many different dance dance revolutions for ps2 that I don't now what one to buy?I want to know witch one is the best.

DDR Dance Dance Revolution question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations. First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in...

View more questions Search