Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brenton34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 11:31 PM
    I want to become an Entertainer, how do I start?
    Im 18 years old and have a great personality. I like being in front of people and talking. I can Act and Dance well. I am also very funny. I'm always asked to MC events and speak at occasions. I also work with Dj's and am the voice of the party. I was really just wondering if there is some kind of way to get paid to do those tings. Because I know that people get paid to host and entertain events by MC'ing.

Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 02:56 AM
    When you are first starting, you might not get paid, but need to be doing it for the experience of performing in front of people and also to get the exposure that you need in order to maybe later make some money with what you like to do.

Can you sing and do you play a musical instrument or instruments? It would be helpful to know that. I can play a number of instruments and also sing. Utilizing those abilities is part of how I make my living.

Please elaborate a little more as to what you can do.

Thanks!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 2, 2008, 01:44 AM
    Just a thought. You might try printing out business cards on "card stock" on your printer, that describes your talents, with your name and phone number. Say that you can be master of ceremonies, DJ, whatever else you want to add... for any occasion. Also print out some small posters, and hand them out, put them on pulic bulletin boards, etc

. It might help to put something catchy that catches the eye, like... "cheapest rates in town", etc. Place them in bars, clubs, hotels, bridal shops, photographers, colleges, dance schools, anything that has to do with acting... anywhere that coincides with what it is you want to do.

Put an ad in your local paper! The more you put yourself out there, the more that word of mouth will travel.

Good luck!
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 02:39 AM
    Hopefully, Brenton34 will return to respond to the posts!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 2, 2008, 02:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hopefully, Brenton34 will return to respond to the posts!
    Hopefully he does! I would like to hear how everything is working out for him!

Should'nt you be asleep C? Or are you on sleep police duty tonight? ;) :p
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2008, 03:06 AM
    No "police duty" here. It's Friday night (or Saturday morning!) Just making my rounds here a little more than usually. Had a pretty good day! More work to be done tomorrow...

But, it is the weekend. Time for a little bit of relaxation anyway... One of the ways that I unwind is by being on the site...

We do care about you here, Brenton34! Please do return!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn mower won't start , changed Plug , but Still won't Start [ 2 Answers ]

My lawn mower won't Start , I tried Changing the Plug , But still won't Start

Can't start my Poulan chainsaw. Start rope too hard to pull. [ 1 Answers ]

Can't start my chainsaw because the start rope is too hard to pull out. Pulling the rope causes a jerky action.

I want to be an entertainer! Any tips or ideas? [ 12 Answers ]

I've always wanted to be in the Entertainment industry.. But I don't know where to start or where to go. And now a days its so hard there is so much compation. I really short to I'm 4'9 so I think that's what kind of holds me back from really trying :(

Song/Entertainer-Need the artist name [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me who the artist was that sang: Money, money, money, money---Money! Some people got to have it, some people really need it... etc Thanks so much, Lorimac

91 honda crx no start or rough start, puzzled HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm running a SOHC ZC motor. I have good compressions across all pistons at 135psi and holding a piece. I have checked the timing and it is correct. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is OK. I haven't been able to figure out how to lean the fuel out though, but anyway, it starts up and...

View more questions Search