Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    compiler Posts: 91, Reputation: -1

May 10, 2011, 10:27 AM
    How to zip lots of photos for uploading to a hosting site?
    I have a lot of photos to upload to a hosting site and then the recipient will download it. I have downloaded 7-zip and put all pictures in one folder. I right clicked on the folder and selected the 7-zip but there are many options. Can you tell how to zip lots of photos for uploading? Thank you.

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 10, 2011, 10:40 AM
    Here's a tutorial: Using the free zip compatible 7-Zip package - Tutorial 3
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2011, 07:36 PM
    You can choose just about any of the options. It's personal preference.

For archive format, Zip will be the most compatible.

Compression level is up to you. Typically the higher the level, the smaller the resulting Zip file, but the longer it takes.

You can leave the rest at their default.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

May 11, 2011, 07:25 AM
    When compressing photos with an archiver like 7zip or winrar you can loose a little of the photos quality each time they are compressed. For that reason I like to choose the no compression setting, so it just packs them into a neat bundle for upload but leaves the photos as is. The final file will be a little larger that way but you can be assured no quality of the photo's are lost. In Winrar it's default compression is NORMAL and I change it to STORE, that's no compression in Winrar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with uploading photos to assist with my question for Ask Me [ 0 Answers ]

I have attempted to upload photos twice via the Want to Add an Attachment Option and failed both times the second time I resized them as I presumed they were just too large. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Hi everyone, new to site, lots of questions! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there. I'm a student with a lot of questions about a project I'm working on. I'm taking a HVAC /piping class and I'm having a lot of trouble managing to get things done properly for my piping assignment. I have to build a house with standard piping (hot and cold) to the main fixtures in the...

View more questions Search