Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flutterby Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Random 80s cartoon movie - what is it?
    Okay, this sounds ridiculous, but I remember this movie from when I was a kid. It involved some human kids going into the forest at night and meeting up with these weird creatures - purple things with antlers and long noses, like anteaters standing on their hind legs. One of them was this really nerdy guy, I think his name was Arthur, and his dad was the bad guy that was going to destroy the forest or something. Arthur had a girlfriend who was also an anteater thing, and she and the humans helped him stop his father. Was this an actual movie or was I just a REALLY weird kid?
    lgehner Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 10:50 AM
    You aren't freaking out. Arthur is an actual critter, an aardvark, to be exact. I'm not sure if there was ever a movie made, however his show still airs on BOOM every once in a while.

Oct 20, 2006, 11:20 AM
    I don't think that's it - I'm not talking about the Arthur cartoon by Marc Brown that's on PBS. This was a movie that aired I think on HBO or something, and the creatures were definitely aliens or something weird like that.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 20, 2006, 11:23 AM
    No, this is a different Arthur than the one on PBS.

It does air on the BOOM channel and this guy is an aardvark.
    lgehner Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Would you happen to be talking about Fraggle Rock?

Oct 20, 2006, 01:32 PM
    No - it was some weird obscure cartoon. I remember very clearly there was an English Sheepdog in it, and these purple things were under the thumb of the bad guy, and the main purple guy and his girlfriend had to stand up to him and defeat him. I think that it later became a TV series.

But I did hear today that the Zappa family is producing a Fraggle Rock movie!
    mongreloid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 08:57 AM
    You're referring to the series The Raccoons, which was a Canadian cartoon series. The specific episode you're recalling is probably one of their specials, maybe The Christmas Raccoons? http://toonview.tryhappy.net/christmasraccoons.html

The nerdy aardvark you remembered as Arthur is actually Cedric, and his dad is Cyril Sneer. The dog's name is Schaeffer. It's funny, because I was trying to figure this out too, and could only remember the aardvark-like characters, but not the raccoons, which were supposed to be the main characters!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s cartoon movie [ 2 Answers ]

This has been bothering me for months, and I cannot think of the title of this movie I watched as a kid. I remember very few details. First, it came in a teal box. I think the characters have leaves on their heads. The only scene I remember is of the characters running across a rope to cross a...

80's cartoon movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay all I remember is on character (gnomish) had a candle on his head, and at some point they were going over a dark lake with spikes coming out of it, also at some point I remember this line, "Arise fairies and dance," proceeding by fairies emerging from a ring of mushrooms and dancing in a...

Scfi cartoon movie from late 80s maybe 90s [ 5 Answers ]

This ones been boiling my brain for some time now and I can only remember small bits so I'll apologise now. It was a scifi animated film a bit of a star wars rip off where a young man blonde I think, has to save (I think) his siter, it starts in and underground mine/volcano where the young man is...

Help WIth an 80's HBO Cartoon Movie [ 1 Answers ]

The movie I remember was a cartoon Japanese style movie. I remember seeing it on HBO almost 17 to 18 years ago. At the beginning there was a mother pegasus on a cloud with her babies. Soemehow one of the babies ended up on earth where he came to a young woman and believe there was a black cat....

Need help with 80s cartoon title... [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: I remember watching this cartoon when I was little (80s) about a group of animals in a forest. They all talked (of course). I remember one of the animals was blue (possibly a squirrel) and one of the other animals (possibly a squirrel, too) was madly in love with him. He was trying to...

View more questions Search