Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessica24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 03:06 PM
    Consumer and producer surplus
    Why the combination of consumer and producer surplus is not maximized if there is either excess supply or demand
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2006, 03:30 PM
    That's a basic found, no doubt, in your study material: Excess cannot be maximized, period. If there's excess supply (surplus) and the demand is lower than that, then the excess is waste.
    chiefofisi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica24
    why the combination of consumer and producer surplus is not maximized if there is either excess supply or demand
    Because it is exceptional that both demand and supply are in extreme.
    And both are have inverse relation, so it cannot be do so.
    One increases then other should be decreases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Surplus [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in first-year business school, and am taking economics for the first time. I'm not too clear on what exactly a social surplus is? Can anyone explain using simple examples, just so that I may have this clarified? Thanks

Consumer Fraud.. Please Help! [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys and gals.. Here's my problem.. I sent my laptop in for repair two weeks ago. The problem I was having was that the power cord would not stay plugged in to the back. The plug-in hole had gotten wallowed out over the past two years. Well, after inspection, they told me they were...

Consumer Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a new bankruptcy procedure in Chapter 7 matters due to debts that involve credit card obligations?

View more questions Search