Jun 8, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Heating & Air conditioning: Heat pump
    How heat pump work on HVAC system ?
    Thanks
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 8, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Dear buffalotu

HVAC : acronym for "heating, ventilating, and air conditioning".
    Heat pump : a kind or reversed aircon system that is withdrawing heat from somewhere.
    Often a system in which pipes are placed deep inside the soil, and through which cold water is pushed, to allow it to warm up by the earth heat, after which it is drawn up again to pass it through a heat exchanger, which brings the warm water into the home. When combined with an air duct system the heat can be distributed throughout the entire house.
    One can also use the system in summer time to cool the house.

Although the temperature difference can be small, the heat pump can make use of it, and produce heat or cold cheaper than a real heater or aircon would do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioning unit-heat pump-air smells moist [ 3 Answers ]

The air coming from my vents smell as if something may be wet. I know that sounds crazy, but could the air be passing through some moisture source? We have the heat on at the current time. Last week we had the air on, I smelled this same smell. The air filter had this particular smell on it, like...

My heat pump AC works but not on heating cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a 2-story house in AZ and there are 2 Lennox (sic?) heat/AC pumps, one for each floor... it has 2 Honeywell TH8000 thermostats. Last winter there wasn't any problems but tonight it started getting cold so I turned it from cool setting to heat, I can hear relays in the TS click and it says...

Heat pump not cooling or heating properly [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my Rheem heat pump. The indoor unit seems to be fine and the blower motor is running. The outside unit seems to be the problem. The fan only runs part of the time sometimes not kicking on at all other time kicking on for several minutes then kicking off before the temp is...

Heating & Air Conditioning [ 3 Answers ]

There was a question I neglected to ask in my previous note. How do I fix a situation involving a radiator. Whenever the boiler turns on and it begins to heat the system, there is a radiator that makes a loud noise as if someone is banging it with a metal object. How do I fix that? Thanks again for...

Heat Pump not heating house -fan is running [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Ruud heat pump that is 12-13years old & as of the last few days, it does not seem to be heating the house very well but it has been very cold for this part of the country. It works well when the outside temp is above 50 degrees. It has been in the upper 30's and low 40's. We put on the...

View more questions Search