Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Mar 16, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowkat
    i might try it but i want to know if anyone has tried raw arbutin powder
    Mellowcat, I don't know about raw arbutin powder but I've been researching bearberry extract in general and found that Alpha-Arbutin has skin whitening properties when mixed with the right ingredients but I also found that it turns to hydroquinone in contact with other chemicals (can't remember their names).:confused: It's kind of scaring me a bit now... :rolleyes:
    retzay Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 04:27 PM
    I'm thinking about using benzylarbutin to lighten my skin.. I think I need to reverse the mono damage..

Mar 16, 2008, 05:43 PM
    For those interested in BA, I think we should try Alpha-arbutin instead. As we all know, there isn't a lot of info on BA and only HerbalINN seems to be selling it for skin lightening purposes and I have some doubt about that forum promoting BA. I have the impression that the same people own both HerbalInn and that forum. Also a lot of people here seems to think that HerbalInn and BA is just another scam.

Anyway, after researching Alpha-arbutin, I've found out that a lot of research has been done about it and it considered safe with no major side-effects reported so far. Found the following:

Alpha Arbutin
    Recognized as the safest, most effective skin whitening compound, this ingredient is not to be mistaken for Beta Arbutin (commonly known as Arbutin). Most manufacturers use Arbutin, because it is far less expensive and easier to source than Alpha Arbutin. A patented ingredient manufactured in Switzerland, Alpha Arbutin has shown extraordinarily rapid and safe skin whitening properties.

I've found a company in the UK, who sells Alpha-arbutin in concentrated serum form and in many creams and lotions. I have contacted them with my list of questions and awaiting their reply. I might call them as well with more questions and if everything seems OK, I'll order the serum and try it.
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Mar 16, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Alpha-arbutin huh? I've already purchased the Vicki Belo Essentials Blue Whitening set, complete with the soap, lotion and face wash. But I'll look into alpha-arbutin and make it my next project. I'll post what I come up with. And please Gr8stuff, when the UK company that sells Alpha-arbutin replies, do post what they say. Thanks again for everyone's input.
    mellowkat Posts: 78, Reputation: 0
    -

Mar 16, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8stuff
    For those interested in BA, I think we should try Alpha-arbutin instead. As we all know, there isn't a lot of info on BA and only HerbalINN seems to be selling it for skin lightening purposes and I have some doubt about that forum promoting BA. I have the impression that the same people own both HerbalInn and that forum. Also a lot of people here seems to think that HerbalInn and BA is just another scam.

Anyway, after researching Alpha-arbutin, I've found out that a lot of research has been done about it and it considered safe with no major side-effects reported so far. Found the following:

Alpha Arbutin
    Recognized as the safest, most effective skin whitening compound, this ingredient is not to be mistaken for Beta Arbutin (commonly known as Arbutin). Most manufacturers use Arbutin, because it is far less expensive and easier to source than Alpha Arbutin. A patented ingredient manufactured in Switzerland, Alpha Arbutin has shown extraordinarily rapid and safe skin whitening properties.

I've found a company in the UK, who sells Alpha-arbutin in concentrated serum form and in many creams and lotions. I have contacted them with my list of questions and awaiting their reply. I might call them as well with more questions and if everything seems ok, I'll order the serum and try it.

Wow !

I didn't know there was a difference

And its patented in switzerland

That country has high standards when it comes to recognizing a skin whitening product

Thanks this is great to know
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Mar 17, 2008, 01:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8stuff

I've found a company in the UK, who sells Alpha-arbutin in concentrated serum form and in many creams and lotions. I have contacted them with my list of questions and awaiting their reply. I might call them as well with more questions and if everything seems ok, I'll order the serum and try it.

Gr8stuff,

Is the company called skinlight cosmetics ?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 17, 2008, 09:21 AM
    DHC are a popular skin line company which also sell alpha-arbutin powder along with cremes.

Mar 17, 2008, 09:47 AM
    DHC United Kingdom

Mar 17, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Arbutin Skin Whitening - 10ml - Related Products

Mar 17, 2008, 09:57 AM
    I'm confused. I don't want to sound ignorant here, but in this case... I am. How exactly do you use a serum? I've never used one, and if Alpha-arbutin comes in serum form how would I use it if I purchased?

Mar 17, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Serums are applied in just the same way as you would your normal cream. They are usually used before any moisturiser or alone if your skin needs less moisturiser. It just has a different consistency to a cream or lotion and I believe they penetrate the skin better because of this. Just imagine something with a more fluid feel.

Also some serums that I have used before have been more concentrated, so were more effective than just the cream or lotion

Hope that helps.

Mar 17, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Makeup Artist's Choice - Skin Bleaching Gel

Mar 17, 2008, 01:19 PM
    It was a chemical importers company but unfortunately they don't sell to individuals only chemist and such like. :mad:

But Alpha-arbutin can be purchased in powder and you can mix your own. Somerset posted by Maharani is a good source and so is garden of wisdom. Since it is soluble in water, it shouldn't be a problem to mix.

I'm thinking of mixing a few whitening agents together in a base cream. I was thinking of the following:

Alpha-arbutin -2%
    Sepiwhite MSH -2%
    Bearberry extract - Liquid form
    Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate ( it's a form of Vit C)

Why the above?
    Well, according to my research, Alpha-arbutin has skin whitening properties and since I'm not very dark, I figured 2% should be sufficient for me to correct uneven skin tones.

Sepiwhite MSH, also known as Skinwhite MSH, has been proven to whiten skin much faster than arbutin (dunno which type of arbutin though) and do not have any adverse reaction when mixed with arbutin or any of the above agents.

Bearberry extract and Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate when mixed together are said to be very effective in whitening the skin evenly and much faster than arbutin.

I intend to mix these 4 ingredients in a base cream or serum readily available from Somerset or GoW after dissolving them.

What do you guys think of this? Whether this will work or not, is another story... I guess I'll have to try... :rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Thanks Maharani for explaining. You've helped me a lot.
    -

Mar 18, 2008, 07:24 PM
    what DO you Guys Think..would 30%-50% Arbutin Be Okay ?...i'm A Medium Brown Color And Want To Be An Olive Tone

Mar 18, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Do you mean 30% to 50% alpha-arbutin or just arbutin?:confused: It's kind of high, isn't it? :eek: I would start at a low % and increase gradually if need be, cause such a high % might irritate your skin. Please do a patch test first before applying on your face.:)
    -

Mar 18, 2008, 08:11 PM
    I was talking about alpha arbutin
    jasmyn000 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 08:23 PM
    This page describes arbutin, a-arbutin and b arbutin in skin whitening.
    Back   Alpha Arbutin Skin Lightening Serum

Mar 18, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Since no one has had any experience with AA, I guess it'll be hard to tell what the reaction will be. But I still feel 30% to 50% is kind of high for any skin type... but don't know really... It'll be trial and error I guess...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin whitening [ 8 Answers ]

Has anyone has experience using makari oralight pills or swiss whitening pills (skinbleaching.net) ? Let me know if they really work, I want to know if they're worth buying :)!!

Skin whitening for brown yellowish skin L-Glutathione [ 2 Answers ]

I know this question has been asked before, but I would like a respond from people who have the same color as me and/or from people who actually done their research on whitening pill and topicals and actually been taking them for many many years. I'm filipina and a little bit of Chinese, so my skin...

Monobenzone vs benzyl-arbutin [ 14 Answers ]

Monobenzone vs Benzyl-arbutin ::: which 2 start and how much?? I know, we all know this is th 2 drug whch will work, say how much 2 use till how much time mixing what, dilute? Do smebdy have lovie1 , she seems to be very very successful

Anyone tried Benzyl Arbutin ? [ 17 Answers ]

Just wanted to know if anyone had tried the benzyl arbutin cream from herbalinn and if so what their experience was, good or bad Herbal Inn Ayurveda Medicine Health Beauty Support Herbal Inn Fairness Cream Indian Ayurvedic

Skin whitening [ 2 Answers ]

Hia, I want my skin to become lighter like the people in UK so what pills I'm going to take? I've heard about kazumi about her L-glutathione super whitening pills in this true? Anyone tried her product? Reply asap. Thanks Mirasol

View more questions Search