Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Swapnil Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 08:19 AM
    Erasing Re-recordable cd in nero
    Hi,
    The problem I'm facing is preety unusual. The thing is that whenever I try to erase my rewritable cd it gets closed in between & I get an error message as " Error Erasing disc". I tried reinstallling the software, Dvd-ram drivers, the hole hardware but was unable to solve it. The same cds do just fine on other pcs. I don't really understand whether it's a system problem or there is something in the dvd ram.
    Hoping for a positive reply,
    Swapnil.:(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2006, 08:42 AM
    Why bother erasing? Once an RW disk is formatted for packet writing, you can treat it like any storage. Just delete the files on it.

Jan 9, 2007, 04:05 AM
    Thanks for your suggestion... but I actually got my task done before I looked into your reply... but I'll keep that in my mind...

The problem I faced was related to the system and not with the dvd writter... I got it checked... and so I had to repair my OS... but thanks for your suggestion.. I'll try it out if I again come up with this type of problem.

Jan 9, 2007, 04:24 AM
    Formating CD/DVD -rw
    Hi friends,

I found from one the friends in here that I can format the cd/dvd rw.. for packet writing... I tried to do that but failed.. didn't get any help even form Microsoft help centre.. can anyone here tell me how to format the cd/dvd rw for packet writing..
    Thanks,
    Swapnil.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2007, 05:05 AM
    For packet writing you'll need a program that has that feature: Nero comes with InCD; Roxio offers Drag-to-Disc. Both those programs also have a utility to format the disc first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nero iso... [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to make an ISO file without burning it using nero... because I want to burn ISO with text doc... And if you are in DOS and there's a CD containing ISO in CD-ROM and your type dir/w what will you see... :confused:

Nero [ 4 Answers ]

I have nero 5 v5.5.4.0. and all I want to do is burn an avi onto a cd as a avi. So far when I try to burn it to cd the cd's don't work anywhere... how do I burn it onto cd? Thanks

Nero [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, When using Nero 6.6 to burn cd's I encounter distortion on certain passages : piano ,vocals etc. The levels are all good when trk is created -wav or mp3. And the only time the distortion occcurs is on play back of the burned CD. Now, While using Win Media player's genric Roxio burn program...

Nero slideshow [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am using Nero Ultra v.6 VisionXpress making a slideshow . When menu is made and titles are put in ,during preview buttons activate + play the corresponding title. BUT when burned to disc and played back in dvd player (hi-end Panasonic )only Menu plays but buttons are not reponding. Any...

Nero [ 2 Answers ]

I have nero 5 v5.5.4.0. and all I want to do is burn an avi onto a cd as a avi. So far when I try to burn it to cd the cd's don't work anywhere... how do I burn it onto cd? Thanks

View more questions Search