Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GothicRomance Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2005, 10:14 PM
    Yet Another late 80s early 90s title question...
    This one was a movie where a girl and I believe her father wind up stranded at a strange trailer park in the desert because their car breaks down or something of the sort. The teenage girl befriends a couple of guys, one who is a "bad boy" type and one is sort of nerdy. I remember the nerd had a bunch of TVs in this place near a sattellite dish where he later in the movie falls to his death. I believe he had lightish colored curly hair and freckles and looked, in my memory, like the nerd in Breakfast Club. I believe its possible that some of the same people were in this movie, but I could be completely wrong since I just watched Breakfast club and its probably clouding my judgement. :) So at the end the girl and her dad are going to leave or something and all this stuff starts to happen to sabbotage them and she believes that it's the "bad boy" (whom I believe was dark haired) because he tried to feel her up while they were swimming in a lake or something. It turns out that it was the dork and he starts to chase her and the "bad boy" helps her get away and the dorky kid winds up falling to his death on what I think was a white mesh satellite dish type thing. I saw the movie probably 6 or 7 years ago and it came on like at 2 or 3 in the morning on TNT or USA or a channel like that. Any help would be great...

Joanna

P.S. I know this is no help but its possible that I am thinking of two separate movies, but both would be around the same time, although I'm almost positive it's one single movie. I'm only 20, so I don't remember far enough back to when it came out, only saw it once or twice on TV. :p
    GothicRomance Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2005, 11:37 AM
    Finally figured it out...
    Well I answered my own question. :) I finally remember, and I can't believe I didn't sooner, that it had Drew Barrymoore in it and the title was Far From Home (found on IMDB) in case anyone cares.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097332/

Joanna
    dananron Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Nov 8, 2010, 07:09 PM
    Far From Home
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_From_Home_%281989_film%29

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80, early 90s cartooN! Help! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm going crazy here trying to remember this cartoon I used to watch like 15 years ago... there were tiny people that lived in these villages or places. It was animated and they would mix herbs(or like random plants or something to make this blue liquid) and stuff to cure sick people. This little...

Late 80's early 90's TV show [ 16 Answers ]

Trying to remember the name of a TV show from the late 80's or early 90's about a guy who fought crime in a black robotic looking suit... not batman... live action... drove a modified motorcycle. He had an African American buddy who whore classic sunglasses that flipped up... That's all I...

Ok, another lost movie title, late 70's early 80's [ 1 Answers ]

When I was a kid I saw it several times, but I can't remember the title. So I remember this much. There's 2 kids, who sneak on a boat. They find out about this message in a bottle from some relative. So they go on this crazy advernture, sliding down snowy mountains, meeting people, and at the...

Kids movie from late 80's early 90's I think [ 11 Answers ]

There was a movie that I watched once when I was younger about a young girl who had dolls that came to life and they lived in a land that she could go to if she stepped through her mirror. I know it is not Alice and Wonderland. This movie was about the girl's grandma was getting older and she...

Obscure late 80s or early 90s help [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea what this movie or perhaps TV show, but I have this vivid memory of watching something, I don't remember much but this is what I do remember. It was about a little boy, he is at his home and a man delivers this large canister to his house, he gets into the canister, this canister is...

View more questions Search