Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    run_ronnie_dobb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 08:40 PM
    Can a salary employee be punished by unwillingly work an extra day.6th day?
    My employer punishes all salary employees by making them work an extra day a week with no warning... is this legal?
    Sissy14 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 09:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by run_ronnie_dobb
    My employer punishes all salary employees by making them work an extra day a week with no warning....is this legal?
    Check your states labor board something's vary from state to state but someone there can give you a clear answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change salary employee to hourly due to lack of funds. [ 7 Answers ]

If you have a signed contract for a set salary, can you tell employee you want to pay them hourly due to lake of money coming into the companey?

Salary hours vs hourly employee [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a difference between the hours that a salary employee works? Hourly is from 8-9 and salary is 40 hours (does not matter what time frame)?

Salary Employee Laws [ 4 Answers ]

Is it legal for the employer to deduct hours from a salaried employee, even though the employee has worked more than eight hours a day everyday and never received overtime pay, do to the fact that he/she is salary only. The employee wants to leave early one day of the week and employer threatened...

Can an employee be paid regular and with a 1099 for extra work [ 2 Answers ]

I have an employee is will be conducting a training class. Performing this duty is not part of her job description. Can I pay her as a 1099 employee for the "billed" amount of the training?

Can I Take An Employee from Salary to only Hourly [ 1 Answers ]

We have an employee who exhausts her salary pay by only getting less than lets say 32 hours or more sometimes a week. She is nonexempt and gets overtime for anything over 40 hours. She has assistance on the overtime and never does it alone. Can we change an employee from salary to hourly only.

View more questions Search