Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Seana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 11:09 AM
    Coupon rate on a bond
    :eek: I have to find the coupon rate on a bond but every formula I find requires the coupon rate to already be configured. How do I work backwards to get what I need?

Example problem - Samantha's bonds sell for $1065.15. The bond life is 9 years and the yield to maturity is 7 percent. What must be the coupon rate on the bonds?

To look at it - it seems so simple. I don't understand why am having such trouble. Can anyone please help? Thanks.
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

Aug 31, 2006, 08:37 AM
    Try 6.07%
    Alex_Sierra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Seana
    :eek: I have to find the coupon rate on a bond but every formula I find requires the coupon rate to already be configured. How do I work backwards to get what I need?

Example problem - Samantha's bonds sell for $1065.15. The bond life is 9 years and the yield to maturity is 7 percent. What must be the coupon rate on the bonds?

To look at it - it seems so simple. I don't understand why am having such trouble. Can anyone please help? Thanks.
    It`s sounds easy,I hope this help you,The price of a bond in the very simple form is P=Fr*(an) + c*(v^n)
    Where Fr=the product of the par value and the rate of the coupon and (an) is the annuity due and v^n it`s the discunt factor i.e v^n=1/(1+i)^n,n number of coupons or periods(term of the bond)
    and c is the redemption value that is normal to be equal to the par value if is not especified. Then ( p-c*v^n)/(an)=r
    remember that r will be the effective rate,to have the convertible for period just find the quotient r/k where k is the periodicity

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate of Return [ 2 Answers ]

:) A 2 year maturity bond with face value of $1,000 that makes annual coupon payments of $80 and is selling at face value. What will be the rate of return on the bond if its yield to marurity at the end of the year is a. 6% b. 8% c. 10% :)

DL transfer rate too low [ 12 Answers ]

My internet for downloading the transfer rate when from some hight number (forget what that was lol) but now, when I download something the net the transfer rate is like 6-9kb whch really sux the big one because DL's take for ever. What can I do to get the transfer rate up, I am on adsl. Don't...

James bond [ 4 Answers ]

What are the various james bond actors.

Valence bond theory [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please explain the valence bond theory and are there any other bonding theories to explain how a bond is formed Thanks for any help :)

View more questions Search