Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elyai Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Healthy weight? Or lose weight?
    Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self conscience. I'm 170cm tall and weigh about 52 kgs. Should I lose wieght, and if so how can I lose it just around my stomach and upper legs, or am I in a healthy weight zone?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 22, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Your BMI (body mass index) equals 18.5 which is considered underweight instead of overweight. However, your age can factor in, and you don't mention this.

Normal healthy BMI is 18.5 - 24.9. You are in the 14 - 15 percentile. So, please do not attempt dieting, you actually need to gain weight depending on your age.
    Elyai Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 12:54 AM
    Oh, Jee. I never, ever considered myself being under wieght. Im sixteen years old, I don't know if that changes anything. Wow, Thanks a lot mate. Its opened my eyes a bit. I should have known to find out BMI before asking, but thanks a lot anyway.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2011, 02:50 PM

You're in the great position that you can afford to put on weight, so eat plenty of good quality nutritious food, and combine with a good exercise and weight lifting program, and you'll gain the sort of shape you'll love.

Everyone has a bit of fat around parts of their body. It is normal, and necessary, it's there to provide protection. You can't lose all your fat, or you'll die. Simple as that.
    nanuchini Posts: 39, Reputation: -6

Feb 7, 2012, 02:28 PM
    If you want to remove over all weight go on b12 shot and phentermine by call any weight loss clinic run by M.D Doctor.Weight loss cannot be dangerous as a woman you want to look beautiful. If it only around tummy go for liposuction and if you are done with kids go for tummytuck. I am from sothern California and every body keep on doing something to look good.
    hisangel18 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 11:16 PM
    Eat child

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

I want to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

I am 31yrs old and now topping the scales at 400lbs. I have tried everything and am now once again going to weight watchers. Does anyone have a success story that they could share about what they did or how they overcame the weight battle?

How to lose weight [ 5 Answers ]

How can you lose 40 pounds in a month? Like how long do you excerise and what kind of food should I quit? I am 5'5" and I am 159 and I want to go down to about 100

Need some help to lose weight.. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I want some tips to lose weight so please give me efftive tips because I tried many of them doing.. I did many execersie and also started gym but no good result please help me...

Will I lose more weight [ 4 Answers ]

If I eat only Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and drink lots of water and do 3 30min of exercise will I lose more weight?

View more questions Search