Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kerrina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Why won't peel and stick tile stick to plywood?
    Why can't we get the peel and stick floor tile to stick to plywood? We tried the primer and adhiesive and a few other things.. nothing works. Is it likely we may have to buy something such as very very thin wood that looks like paneling, I can't remember the name, to cover the floor in and lay it before we can get it to stick?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 17, 2009, 01:53 PM

We used mahogany plywood which has a less porous finish then regular plywood. Is that the name you were looking for. It isn't expensive, but gives a better adhesion.

Tick
    mtconc Posts: 119, Reputation: 9

Dec 17, 2009, 04:07 PM

It is called luan.. it is made from mahogany.what kind of plywood did you get?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peel and stick tile [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to use any sealers for peel and stick tile after I use a seam filler on the joints and screws... thanks

How to lay down peel+stick tile [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, my name is regal,I'm new to this site. I would like some answers on laying down peel+ stick tiles over existing 12" tiles. Do I just lay them down after I clean my floor good?

Peel and stick tile glue [ 2 Answers ]

How can I neutralize peel and stick tile glue?

Peel& Stick Tile over Concrete [ 1 Answers ]

My wife an I were going to buy peel and stick tile from home depot to put in our basement. We were not planning on just relying on the adhesive on the tile, we were also going to set the tile in a separate adhesive. The gentleman at home depot didn't recommend peel and stick over concrete floors...

Peel and stick tile [ 4 Answers ]

How can I keep my peel and stick tile from popping up? I've tried sticking more glue on the back of the tile, but that does not work. It is being put on 1/4 plywood subfloor.

View more questions Search