Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ryde Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2012, 03:06 AM
    Colour of a blood clot after tooth extraction?
    I had one of my lower molars extracted 5 days ago, I have been rinsing with the salt water and following all the other directions, in the hole the colour of the clot is a yellowy greeny colour? Is that in any way normal?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 30, 2012, 06:14 AM
    Discoloration is normal for post operative extraction; this is blood spreading below the tissue. You could say it is 'bruising' as you know when you bruise it is all different colours under the skin. You will see this for 3 or 4 days after.
    Ryde Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2012, 06:38 AM
    Oh thanks! I've been stressing for the last two days lol
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 30, 2012, 07:34 AM
    I hope you are following all instructions; no gargling, no picking at the extraction site (some people try to pick the clot out thinking it should not be there!).

You can brush gently around the site to keep the area clean; and rinsing gently with salt water.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm wondering if I lost the blood clot in my tooth extraction. [ 28 Answers ]

... from a few days ago... or is it normal to have a hole where the tooth was extracted no a few days later? I had a top right molar extracted a few days ago and last night after swishing with a stronger salt water rinse ( I just found out) than I shouldn't, I noticed the hole where my tooth was...

Lost blood clot after tooth extraction [ 2 Answers ]

My blood clot came out and I just had my tooth taken out yesterday. What am I supposed to do?

What does an after tooth extraction blood clot look like? What color should it be? [ 0 Answers ]

I am having a hard time telling the diffrence between a clot and food. I'm worried of possible dry socket. I've had 2 teeth pulled and had a previous dry socket just heal up. I'm a smoker, and I am beginning to become uncomfortable. Today is the third day after extraction.

I poked my tooth extraction site. Did I pull out the blood clot? [ 5 Answers ]

I had both my lower wisdom teeth pulled a week ago. I had very minimal swelling and was back to normal by the next day. I took all the precautions within the first 48 hours following the extraction. I went for my follow up visit this morning and everything looked great. This evening after dinner,...

How long blood clot on extraction tooth last? [ 3 Answers ]

Yea my question is how long does the blood clot that forms on the extracted site should last because I'm on my eighth day and the blood clot seems like its getting smaller so I'm worried that I might get dry socket or and infection so your help will be appreciated.

View more questions Search