Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    95Elizabeth Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 09:52 AM
    If I sign my rights over do I still pay child support in Ohio
    I have 3 kids and I gave my ex custody of my kids and he drives truck and when I had custody of the kids he was only paying 130 a month for 3 kids and now I work at a temp service making 9.00 a hour and not knowing when I am working and I have to pay 235.00 a month and the county told me that I owe 1400.00 of last year in Oct and I had my kids until the middle of Dec. and now the county is raiseing my child suport to 283 a month and I can't do this and I was wondering if I signed my rights over to there dad do I have to pay child suport, I can't even take care of myself and how can the county do that
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 13, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Unless there is someone in the wings for an adoption. Your still going to have to pay child support. They are your children and your responsibility.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
    You can not sign over your rights, it does not work that way and even if the courts allowed you to sign them over ( and they wont') you would still owe support. ** the only acception is if adoption by a step parent.

May 13, 2012, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Unless there is someone in the wings for an adoption. Your still going to have to pay child support. They are your children and your responsibility.
    My ex has them and it states also in my court papers if I have a room then the magastrate is going to put me in jail and he has it where I can't have a life but he moved his girlfriend in while I was still in the house so its like its OK for him to do what he wants but its not OK for me to do anylthing
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2012, 12:35 PM
    No its not OK for him to do what he wants. But the LAW needs to be followed. The law does not allow you to just give up your rights. The law also requires that the non custodial parent helps support the children.

Why there is a disparity in what you have to pay and what he had to pay I don't know. If you feel the support is unfair, then go back to court for a modification.

May 13, 2012, 12:40 PM
    I do that but I am only working at a temp service making 9.00 an hour but I go day to day not knowing what I am working.. legal aid can't help me and I don't have the money for a laywer either.. but he only had to pay 130 a month and drives truck and I have to pay more then he does
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
    So you did not properly file when he was paying and/or you did not properly prove his income,

What he paid is not an issue at this point, if you are not paying correctly you have to show and prove your income

May 13, 2012, 01:07 PM
    I told that to the magastrate I was working and making 9.00 a hour but I did not know when I was working and then I got my court papers and they are baseing it by a 40 hour a week but I don't do that, I am lucky if I work 20 hours a week, so I am trying to get a child suport hearing set up cause its too much for me to pay and I understand I have to pay child suport but what they are asking its a lot and then I found out I am getting laid off for a month
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 13, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Elizabeth View Post
    i do that but i am only working at a temp service makeing 9.00 an hour but i go day to day not knowing what i am working .. legal aid can't help me and i don't have the money for a laywer either.. but he only had to pay 130 a month and drives truck and i have to pay more then he does
    We know he drives a truck, but we don't know what his gross monthly income is. According to this, about $8,000 per month, assuming you are working 40 hours a week.

That is strange that he was only paying $130 per month. It appears that his income has changed.

Was the child support agency aware that you had the children until December?

May 13, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Yea , it all started when I asked for a review for child suport when I had the kids and he was suppose to pay 933 a month well they got his income and he made 41,000 as of aug. so he took me back to court and then they lowered it to 400 but I was working for my cash assistance so I never seen that money . Last week I got a paper from the child suport saying that I owe 1400 as of Oct but I still had the kids and I told them that, they told me I need to get another job... His bigest issue is he did not want to pay child suport

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I still have to pay child support if I sign over my rights? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a restraining order against me am I still able to see my kids and if so how do I go about doing that

If I sign over my rights, do I have to pay child support? [ 3 Answers ]

Will I have pay child support if I sign over the rights to my 3 kids? I haven't been able to find a job in about 2 years, and my child support is racking up. Any time I get a job u percent of it goes to my child support and late fees. I'm unable to support myself and am currently homeless because...

If I sign my rights over do I still have to pay child support? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so my babies daddy and I have had 4 kids together. And instead of paying child support I have two kids and he has two. We live 10 minutes away from each other so we switch and take turns on the weekends taking all four so the kids can be together on the weekends. We are not together. He is...

If I sign over my rights do I still have to pay child support [ 2 Answers ]

If I sign over my rights do I still have to pay child support

Can I sign over rights and not pay child support? [ 2 Answers ]

I found out a year after my son was born that he was mine. So I had to start paying child support and back child support. Then she was calling wanting me to be in his life so I said yes. She called the law and said I was going to cut her and the baby's neck so they put an order of protection were I...

View more questions Search