Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tashakasha Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 05:45 PM
    Im adopted and I want to find the names of my birth parents, but not contact them?
    Not sure if it was a closed or open adoption
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2010, 07:18 PM

Start by asking your parents that adopted you

Sep 26, 2010, 07:20 PM
    They don't have any information.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2010, 07:39 PM

Then posting on many of the 100's of adoption sites is the first start and hope that they are looking also for you.

While many adopted parents may not, to be frank, when you were adopted they had to go to court and a lot of information would have been contained in the adoption order that they signed. While I have only seen a few over the years, Have you asked them to let you see the paper work for the adoption that they signed when you were adopted.

Sep 26, 2010, 07:56 PM
    Yes I saw the order granting my adoption. My birth parents names are not on it. I don't want to get on the registry because I do not wish to meet my birth parents. I want to obtain my original records and medical history and I need their names to do so. Registry requires that I might have to trade information w my birth parents. I don't want to meet them. I just want to know my origins and medical history so I will have answers for my children
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 27, 2010, 05:30 AM

Not having birthparent information = closed adoption.

Frankly, there's no way to do what you want here. You either make contact and exchange information, or you go without that information.

The only way to get what you want is a court order, and you're not likely to get that without a medical emergency.
    tory167 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 06:45 AM
    At least your adopted parents let you know. I AM NOT ALLOWED!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find out if I am adopted if my parents won't show me my birth certificate [ 23 Answers ]

My parnets won't show me my birth certificate. And I think I might be adopted, so how can I find out if I am

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

How do I find my birth parents names? (closed adoption) [ 28 Answers ]

I am adopted and I was just wondering if anyone new a faster and more discreet method of finding birth parents other than having to go to court and have the papers opened. I have tried going to various websites to try to find them but I have a huge problem. I don’t know my birth parents names and...

View more questions Search