Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    applesb700 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2013, 12:48 AM
    Resignation
    I used to work at a grocery store and my store manager and a woman from loss prevention had me in a meeting and basically said they have me on camera stealing. I resigned after they made me sign all of these papers and the store manager thought a resignation would be best because had I Schoenberg to be suspended, he says it could have gone on my record and I would potentially never get another job ever. Can they still press charges on me to come after the total ($154.73) and will I go to jail?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 21, 2013, 01:39 AM
    Yes they can take it to court. You won't go to jail. What you might owe is up to them, because some of the big chain stores demand all their legal fees on top of restitution for what was stolen. You should pay the 154.73 before it gets to that.

What does 'because had I Schoenberg to be suspended' mean?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2013, 02:45 AM
    No you will not go to jail yes they can still press criminal charges, but if they have not, most likely they will not. You have to pay them the money stolen, plus costs, it is not uncommon for several hundred dollars to be added but if you do not pay and they have to collect, it will go higher
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2013, 06:38 AM
    Schoenberg Looks like something my auto INcorrect would do changing a word to something that makes no sense. Could mean scheduled to be suspended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Resignation [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am under J-1 visa and I would like to resign. What are the consequences? Will I have sone difficulties if I try to look for another job in the US or applying for another visa? Thank you in advance

Resignation [ 3 Answers ]

How do you politely ask a board member to resign.

Resignation via email [ 3 Answers ]

I work in the IT industry. Can I resign from a company via email and indicate that the resignation is effective immediately ? I do have another position to go to, and I do not want to go back to my old company. I am not working on any major projects and any outstanding work I can place on...

View more questions Search