Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelcakes22uk Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jul 9, 2004, 08:27 AM
    My baby jinx (queen)
    Hi, my 15month old cat had her first litter 3 weeks ago and seemed absoloutly fine, then a week in she wouldn't move out of the box with them all day, I got a little worried lifted her out of the box and she just fell over, when I took her to the vets she had a temp of 106 and he put her on a drip for the day, when I went to collect her he said she had a mass in one of her mamory glands, turned out to be a severe infection,she ended up with a large hole in her stomach where a chunk of flesh died and cam away,the vets said he had never seen it in a cat before usually in colts and cows, fortunatly with TLC her wound is nearly cleared up now, but she has had a return of a raised temp and gone back on antibiotics. Will she ever get completely better from this and is it something I could have avoided?? :'( PS: the kittens are wonderful she is fantastic with them :D
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

Jul 18, 2004, 06:51 PM
    My baby jinx (queen)
    Hello,

She should eventually get completely over her problem unless there is cancer involved.

I wonder if she could have been bitten by a brown recluse?

Anyway, infections of the mammary gland happen quite often. It's good you discovered the problem before something worse happened.

Hope she gets well soon.

Regards,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having a baby [ 9 Answers ]

I would really like to have a baby but I understood that if me and my partner have the same blood type we will not be able to have a baby. I am AB positive and my partner is also the same. Will we not be able to have a baby as we have the same blood type My partner have been having...

Snow queen? [ 2 Answers ]

:rolleyes: I watched a weird version of the snow queen when I was little and can't find it! :mad: It was a badly dubbed 70's film or mayby 80's. Think it was originally made in German. The boys Name is Kay and the girl was Gretta I think. In the beginning there is an ink pot on a cabbinet...

Having a baby [ 11 Answers ]

My boy friend and I are talking adout having kids after we get married but he has had a vasectomy so we are looking in to all the options I would just like to hear if any one have been in this situation and if so what options they were given so if any one has any sugestions we could use you opions

From the queen of mean I am green [ 8 Answers ]

Hey ladies and gentle men(yes you men too) if you want to have great skin its called noxema and olay moisturizer. My grandmother has used noxema to clean her face since she was a teenager and uses olay after she washes. She has glowing, baby smooth skin and she gets asked out by the young men all...

View more questions Search