Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anchorman25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Just 3 wire T-Stat connection, new stat, diff letters
    Hi all, I've done tons of reading and can't find my specific wiring, tstat combo to figure it out... hopefully someone can shed some light on it for me.

Natural gas forced air furnace, no air conditioning.
    Had a honeywell for the last 9 years, easy install, labelled easy. (but its dead)

Wire colors are RED, WHITE and BLACK

My new Tstat is a WHITE-ROGERS 1F95-1277 (so many friggin connections on it!)

One side of the terminal has
    B
    O
    Y2
    Y
    G
    RC is jumpered toRH
    RH
    C

OTHER side has
    +
    S
    -
    (blank)
    W2
    W/E
    L
    :confused:

All I have is red white & black wires

Manual for wiring diagram is here if it helps
    http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/.../0037-6808.pdf

Cheers and thanks for all who can help!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 01:35 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...tml#post268211

You prbably don't need the black wire, since you don't have A/C. Black could be common or for a fan relay. Either way just do red to Rh (if jumpered to Rc it won't matter and White to W. Just leave the black wire off since you don't know where it goes.

Jun 25, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Thanks NorthernHeat, but I don't have a W terminal, I have a W2 and a W/E...

W/E is W. You need to find out if the black wire is common or fan. If you hook it to G and it is really common you will burn up the transformer and possible thermostat the first time you turn the fan switch to on.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 03:49 PM
    It looks like a two stage thermostat to me, open the furnace electrical door, look for the low voltage connections, find out what the black wire goes to. It may go to nothing, where was black hooked on the old thermostat? You'll also need to jumper w2 and w/e together if you just have a single stage furnace.

Jun 25, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Hvacservicetech, thank-you, This tstat is capable of single or dual stage. You are correct on jumping w2 to w/e for single stage, just saw that in the manual. Black wire on previous tstat was hooked to terminal "G". On the new tstat I have a G, but I also have a C. I want to make sure they go in the right place. (and I still need to know where the white wire goes)
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 06:25 PM
    The white wire goes to either w2 or w/e with a jumper, the red wire goes to RC-RH with a jumper, and the black wire will go to the "G" terminal. The "C" terminal is common, and you won't need anything attached to it as long as the thermostat has batteries.

Jul 4, 2007, 10:57 AM
    It Worked!!
    Cheers and thanks very much.. I'm sorry it took so long for a response, my Wife decided to paint after I had the old TStat off. LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

What is the wiring diagram or schematic for a 220V electric water heater thermostat?

T-stat not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a digital t-stat and it went blank so I have no a/c. I ohmed all the wires leading to the t-stat and they checked out OK. I checked the secondary side of the transformer and it checks out. I changed the t-stat and it still doesn't work. There is a diode between some wires but I'm not...

Need help with H-Well T8624D t-stat [ 5 Answers ]

I'm working at a non-profit in New York City. Recently I purchased three Honeywell T8624D's to replace our Honeywell T874D's. Then we'll have programmed on and off times and I won't have to go into each mechanical rooms to tend to the units. The wiring looks very straightforward and I tried...

View more questions Search