Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timber lake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2015, 09:43 PM
    Watches advertisement
    Why in adds all watches are showing 10 pass 10?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 11, 2015, 11:20 PM
    Do they ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 12, 2015, 04:43 AM
    I must have had nothing to do... I just looked at 30 watch advertisements from 30 different companies. None of them had 10:10. Some were 6, or 5:15 most were all random times.

So, it is perhaps, merely the ad company you noticed, uses the same watch for sales ads
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 12, 2015, 06:24 AM
    It's purely a question of what looks nice. Many watch ads use 10:10 because it has a relatively pleasing aesthetic look, as the hands appear "balanced." Also the upwards "V" configuration is nice - like a happy face as opposed to a downwards "V' that you have with 8:20. Finally, since many watch manufacturers place their logo on the watch face under the 12:00 position, the 10:10 'V' nicely frames and emphasizes the logo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to diffrentiate the diver watches from other watches? [ 1 Answers ]

How diver watches are different from other watches?

Babysitting advertisement help? [ 8 Answers ]

I am advertising for babysitting these holidays (live in Australia) and I was wondering if you could help me out. I made a brochure for it that was quite long and had all the information parents needed and paragraphs of me selling myself so someone would hire me. I went around the...

How do you pronounce 'advertisement'? [ 10 Answers ]

Dictionary.com lists two pronunciations for 'advertisement': Ad-ver-tahyz-muhnt, ad-vur-tis-muhnt And I can't find whether (or which) one is american, or british or canadian Anyone know? Thx!

View more questions Search