Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jgovea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2011, 08:50 PM
    AAA home insurance won't cover the repairs!
    I about a home in Hayward 11 years ago. All was OK until two weeks ago. The plumbing pipes broke. My AAA home owners insurance won't cover it because the pipes were installed wrong by the previous homeowner!Do I have a leg to stand on? How can I make them pay for the repair after I have been paying them for over 10 years?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2011, 01:46 PM
    Read the fine print in your insurance policy and see what is and what is not covered. If you find that you should be covered by this policy, then by all means contact the Insurance Commissioner in your state capital and report this to them. They will investigate and get your insurance carrier to cover the repairs. Happens all the time. Once the matter goes to the State Insurance Comissioner's Office magically the insurance company ends up paying the claim. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

You need to look into a reputable insurance carrier for your home and ditch the AAA carrier. Some "offbrand" insurance companies are cheaper, but they deny the claims a lot. Same goes with auto insurance, the cheaper the premium, the less likely claims are paid out. Home owner insurance is no different. I work at a "brand name" insurance agent's office and I talk to a lot of people every day and find they are unhappy dealing with the "offbrand" companies as they were denied claims for legit repairs after storm damage, etc.

Basically you get what you pay for in insurance on your home or your car.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2011, 02:09 PM
    The policy will pay exactly ( not more and not less) than the terms. If there are items that were not installed up to code, normally they will not be covered. You will need to prove that they were meeting code and that the repair you need is not related to the problem they are stating.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 3, 2011, 02:20 PM
    Have you had a plumber inspect the job to confirm or deny the insurance companies contention

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will home owner's insurance cover floor needing repares or replacement? [ 2 Answers ]

Installed tiles when home purchased (14 years). Tiles are now coming up.

Home owners insurance cover building a new chimney cost? [ 2 Answers ]

Does home owner insurance cover building a new chimney? The current chimney is deteriorating and is not repairable says a chimney repair company.

Does home insurance cover pipes/sewer/septic? [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought my house (built in 1955). It was on a septic, but the washing machine was backing up all of this black nasty stuff and we determined that the field lines had failed. So thousands of dollars later, we are on city sewer. The washing machine still backs up, but the water is now...

Does home insurance cover garage doors? [ 1 Answers ]

The garage door on my rental property was damaged by my tenant. Does my insurance covers the garage door?

Does home insurance cover for toilet problems [ 11 Answers ]

My toilet don't flush down it only comes out at the base of the toilet.And when I empty dish water from kitchen sink it comes out at the toilet's base. Shall I call a plumber rotorouter or insurance agent?:confused:

View more questions Search