Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony80112 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2014, 09:44 PM
    Microsoft outlook opens SLOWLY. How do I fix it?
    I have no idea why, but it takes my Outlook 5 minutes to open. How do I speed this up?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 16, 2014, 05:09 AM
    First it would help to know what version. Second, how big is your inbox? Did you try emptying your Deleted and Junk folders?

If that doesn't help, try running ScanPST to fix problems with your PST file.
    amanda_lakai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2014, 02:24 AM
    Your Outlook might be troubling due to any of the reason: such as oversized data files, large number of mails in mailbox, OST/PST corruption, improper outlook configuration or installation etc.
    If there is some corruption or any other issues with the PST file, you can fix them by using ScanPST.exe.

To enhance Outlook performance and for efficient management, try out the steps given in article:
    10 Useful Tips For Troubleshooting Some Common MS Outlook Errors ~ Email Data Recovery
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Jul 30, 2014, 07:52 AM
    It could be a faulty add-in causing the slowness. Try opening Outlook in safe mode, and see if the problem persists. To open Outlook in safe mode hold down the ctrl key as you're opening Outlook. Outlook should pop up a message asking if you want to open it in safe mode. Select yet. Safe mode effectively disables all add-ons and a few other things. If you're not having the issue in safe mode then chances are it's an add-in causing the issue. You'll need to go through and disable each add-in one at a time until the problem stops to find out which one is the cause.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explorere will not open When I click on the E a blank page opens.. how do I fix [ 1 Answers ]

I press the E and a blank page come up.. but will not connect to open

Microsoft outlook [ 4 Answers ]

I been trying to download Microsoft outlook to my computer and it won't download and I have windows vista

Microsoft outlook [ 7 Answers ]

When I launch my Microsoft outlook it changes the screen resolution, how do I fix it?

Microsoft Excel running VERY slowly [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently upgraded two computers at work one runs as a server for 5 others. The one machine was running exceptionally slowly especially opening Excel files. I upgraded both machines with 1GB of ram thinking this would make them really fly ( they were 256meg previously) but no - the machine...

Incredmail attch. Opens in outlook [ 1 Answers ]

When I open a attachment in Incredimail it opens up in outlook express

View more questions Search