Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miauka Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2014, 03:05 AM
    Does the moon look the same in different countries?
    Does the moon phase is the same in different countries? Like for example I am using Lunar calendar its for UK, so for other countries it will be a different phase or how? Thank you
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 05:55 AM
    Yes, for all practical purposes the view of the moon from the Earth is the same regardless of where on Earth you are located. I you see a first quarter moon so does everyone else for whom the moon is above the horizon at that same time. However, to be absolutely correct it is possible for two people located at opposite sides of the Earth to have slightly different views due to parallax - up to about a 1.9 degree difference. This is because the earth's diameter is about 8000 miles, so looking at an object that is about 240,000 miles away gives a slighly different view, but it would not be too noticeable to a casual observer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 07:58 AM
    Very good question,, and yes it does...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2014, 08:51 AM
    Depends on which moon you are looking at... the one orbiting the earth or the one your classmate is giving you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aquarius sun, moon in virgo + sun in scorpio, moon in sagittarius [ 11 Answers ]

The title says it all, I'm curious what the relationship between myself, an female aquarius sun with my moon in virgo and someone I'm seeing who's sun is in scoprio and his moon is in sagittarius. We both are right in the middle of our sun signs, meaning neither of us are on the cusp of...

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

Foreign Income in two diff countries . But paid tax already in those countries [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am resident alien for Tax Yr 2006. I earned some income in Singapore (3 months) and In India (3 month) in Yr 2006. I guess, I can claim foreign tax credit for India as I am citizen of India and I pass 12 months test. But In Singapore I was on for 5 consecutive months and out of that only...

View more questions Search