Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fire914 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Funding for invention prototype
    Can anyone tell me how I can get funding for the building of my invention prototype?
    icecream Posts: 160, Reputation: 6

Oct 22, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Hehe what is it :D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Hello Fire:

Sure. Find an angel investor. He's an older guy who's made a lot of money in the business in which your invention is applicable. The only way I know of to find him, is to do some legwork.

excon
    David James Rinaldo Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2007, 07:49 AM
    It's easy to come up with an idea for a useable invention. Literally thousands of people do what you've done every day throughout the world. However, very few of these people pursue their idea, because they want someone else to test the idea at their expense. There are so few investors in the world who are willing to blow money developing someone else's "possible" invention, since many ideas are ultimately losers (failures). Therefore, start doing your own sketch and explanation, learn about each facet of the machine or idea, clearly explain it to yourself on paper, keep researching. If you do this, then you will come much closer to being able to find financial help. Without your work, you are expecting someone else to do all this legwork and at their expense, which is an impractical thing to expect of others.
    cemlsinventions Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 07:36 PM
    There's a solution to the problem we inventors have, i.e. lack of funds to develop, search, patent, etc.
    This solution is in development stage and is one of my inventions, a Foundation gathering money from manufacturers eager to be the first in the row when a good invention appears.
    That amount of money is tax deductible so they are taking no risk at all.
    On the other hand the inventor signs a compromise letter by which gives to the foundation a percentage of the money the invention will produce once in the market.
    In the meantime the foundation takes the creation, analyzes it, makes the necessary searching of patentability, and if everything goes fine, puts the money to develop, patent, make prototypes and find the manufacturer interested in the product.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Make sure you get it patented first so nobody steals it. I have heard that invention marketing places that are there to help you WILL steal your stuff as their own.

My friend started Veggie Tales back in the late 70's and her publishing company stole it and sold it to somebody else.
    She has all the copy writes and so forth but she can't find a lawyer that will help her.
    So you can't trust anybody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invention of radio [ 1 Answers ]

Today is the 100th anniversay of the first intercontinental radio transmission, from America to England. Is there a good period drama movie about the events leading up to this momentous event?

Someone to sponsor my invention? [ 3 Answers ]

How and who could I be referred to about someone to sponsor my invention?

Protecting an invention? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone advise me please? I have an over-active, caffeine-driven mind! LOL, and frequently come-up with ideas. Often these come to nothing, but some of my ideas might be worth pursuing. However: I cannot afford the cost of patenting, and I am concerned about divuldging my ideas to...

New Invention Idea, help getting funds for prototype [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anyplace I can go to get help financially with getting a patent and getting the prototype built? My idea is a car that drives itself, not by mag rails embedded in the road, but by computer system in the car.:)

View more questions Search