Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebowatson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2018, 01:05 PM
    fan isn't working but my light is working
    My fan isn't working but my light is working. I didn't hook a red wire up to nothing there were 2 blacks, 2 whites, 1 ground coming from the light. One black, 1 blue and one green from the fan. I hooked the all of the blacks with the blue... white on white and the green with the ground. I think I may have misses a red light that was tucked in and not being utilized with a previous light setup which had separate white and black going to individual lights. There were so many wires from the ceiling because of the dual lights and I'm afraid I missed a step.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2018, 02:22 PM
    Black to blue is light only. Fan units have black, white, blue and green. Black source to fan black and blue. White to white, green to ground. I assume you are using a pull chain. You could also connect black source to fan black, red to blue if you have 2 wall switches. Know how to use a VOM?.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My heat is not working my low coolant light is on and my fans are not working it is [ 2 Answers ]

Over heating what should I do? I have changed the water pump changed the thermastat and the radiator what is the next step?

One light in my track light doesn't work. I have replaced the bulb,still not working [ 4 Answers ]

I have a track light of three mini-floods. (not sure what brand.) I have replaced bulbs before. Now, one end light (never been replaced) is not working. I put a new bulb in, and it still won't work. I have made sure that the connection is still there, and that the individual on/off switch on...

Hunter Park Hill Type 2 - Remote LED light on, but Light/Fan not working? [ 2 Answers ]

Remote Control LED light is on, but the Hunter Park Hill Type 2 Model 20578 Light or Fan will not work... why?

One light working other not working in the same room [ 1 Answers ]

In my bedroom one light is working but the other one and the outlet have no power.

Fan light working but not fan [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I need help with my Harbor Breeze fan. The fan light is working but the fan itself is not working. I wanted to use the remote which has only black and white wires on the side that goes to the wall and I do not know where those wires go because I have an extra red that doesn't go anywhere...

View more questions Search