Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dannieh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
    No contact from dad
    If my sons dad is not on his birth certificate and has not been in contact for 6 weeks what rights does he have and would he be allowed contact. He also has a history with drugs
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 14, 2012, 12:14 PM
    He has, more or less, the same rights you do. The only thing a BC does is to make it easier to prove that he has those rights.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2012, 12:43 PM
    Is there a custody agreement, Is there a child support agreement ?

But in general he has the right to file in court for visits. Since he is not on the BC he will need to prove his paternity by a DNA test.

So you were sleeping with him when he was on drugs, He was good enough to sleep with, not good enough to be the father ? The court will ask about the same question or his attorney will.

Next can you prove the drug use in court, is there a history of his arrests for drugs, Since just you telling the judge is not evidence.

But unless you can prove he is a risk to the child, of course he will get visits, and normally over night visits. Even if he is a threat to the child, he can normally get supervised visits.

Also 6 weeks is really no time at all for no contact, he can come back after a few years and still get visits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can dad in MO be w/o contact w/child before mom gets full custody? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I have joint custody of 2 children, age 8 and 5. He has not paid child support for over a year and a half. Now he has not contacted or tried to see the children for 2 months. The court ruled that all decisions and medical emergencies be a joint effort. The school system is asking for...

My daughter is receiving dissability beniftis from dad. Dad owes arearages is the ss [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has just starting receiving ss disability benefits off her father.. her father owes arearages. Does the dissability benefit she receives takes get deducted from what he owes.

How to show my dad as my newly immigated dad as my dependent for insurance purposes [ 1 Answers ]

How to show my dad who is new lawful immigrant and will get a green card as my dependent for health insurance and tax purposes

Should I keep in contact with my dad? [ 5 Answers ]

Before I was born my mum and dad was in a relationship everything was OK but when I was about 7 months old they broke up and my mum took me and we moved away but my dad tried to stay in contact with me you know sending birthday cards and christmas presents but my mum just sent them back to him...

View more questions Search