Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mz2richard Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2006, 06:44 AM
    Fiberglass Inground Pool..
    Hello everyone! Does anyone have any insight or experience related to having a fiberglass inground pool installed? Any information, pitfalls, pros & cons appreciated! Thank you in advance!:)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 05:15 AM
    I've not done one myself, but I know a tad about them from folks I've run into over the years from when I had to maintain an inground pool.

The only real "cons" are too thin of material or a poor installation. The prep work and installation are what's the most important.

For a job like that I would go further than I normally would to be sure that the contractor who's doing the job is reputable and stands behind his work. I'd want to see pools he installed going back about 10 years - and talk to the people that have them.

A fiberglass pool should last a lifetime. With the right contractor I'm sure you will be very happy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water behind inground pool liner [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, About 2 and 1/2 years ago we had a new inground vinyl pool liner professionally installed. Ever since then, when we go to open the pool in the spring--we find the liner bubbled up & out in most of the low end of the pool and on the sides of the deep end. We have to take a part of the liner...

Concrete vs. Fiberglass [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a reason NOT to use premade fiberglass shells. Any insights? Am I missing something?

Fiberglass Tub Install [ 7 Answers ]

I've been reading up on doing this and see that it is addressed here slightly, with the help of speedball1, I believe. Anyway, we want to do the job right and would like to know if there are specifics on the web on how to put the cement down. Do we frame in under the tub so the cement doesn't...

Fiberglass shower/tub removal [ 1 Answers ]

Would like advice/instruction on how to remove a fiberglass all-in-one shower/tub unit. Thanks in advance for help!

Fiberglass Shower Leak [ 2 Answers ]

My second floor fiberglass surround shower is causing a leak from the first floor ceiling. I don't know what to start with to try to fix it. I hope someone can help me.

View more questions Search