Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msbrew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Which wires to I hook up to new thermostat?
    I would be so grateful if someone could help me out. I have an old Janitrol thermostat, just purchased a Lux programmable one. The wiring doesn't all match. I'm having a hard time with the RC and RH, which have a jumper--this is on the new one. Here is the diagram for the old wiring:

Y=yellow
    G=green
    R=red
    O=brown

W2 and E share white wire
    C=blue

Here is the letters on the new LUX:

W
    Y
    G
    B
    O
    RC/RH
    C

How would I connect the new one to the old one? I appreciate any info you can give me. By brain isn't working right or something!
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 08:06 PM
    I'm pretty sure you have the wrong thermostat, if you have a heat pump the new Lux thermostat will not work. I would also suggest another brand, Lux isn't known to be a good qaulity thermostat, and they don't last long.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2007, 08:13 PM
    You may want to browse through the sticky at the top of the forum. It has some good info on thermostats and heat pumps.
    msbrew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msbrew
    I would be so grateful if someone could help me out. I have an old Janitrol thermostat, just purchased a Lux programmable one. The wiring doesn't all match. I'm having a hard time with the RC and RH, which have a jumper--this is on the new one. Here is the diagram for the old wiring:

Y=yellow
    G=green
    R=red
    O=brown

W2 and E share white wire
    C=blue

Here is the letters on the new LUX:

W
    Y
    G
    B
    O
    RC/RH
    C

How would I connect the new one to the old one? I appreciate any info you can give me. By brain isn't working right or something!!
    Thanks for the info. I did figure out that I need a different one. I'll be purchasing a Honeywell tomorrow.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Good deal, sometimes paying a little more is a good thing.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 10:23 PM
    W-WHITE, R-RED, G-GREEN, 0-BROWN, Y-YELLOW, C-BLUE, JUMPER RC-RH
    THE O (BROWN) is used for a heat jump to engage the reversing valve in the air conditioning mode. Nothing on the "B" terminal. Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know how to hook up my new thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a honeywell thermostat. I only have 4 wires coming out of my wall. Green--wired to the 'C' on the old thermostat Red----wired to the 'C' on the old thermostat White---wired to the 'W' on the old thermostat Black---wired to the 'P' on the old thermostat I purchased a RTH7500...

Trying to hook up a new celling fan but wires don't seem right [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, A few days ago I took down an old celling fan to find the older one was not put up right. It only was screwed to a block of wood so I removed that and put up a bar and box supported on the beams of the house. Anyway that was my first problem that I ran into the next one was the wiring . I...

Thermostat Wires - Only 2 Wires (both black) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm switching my thermostat for a newer digital one, though when I took out the old thermostat, there were only 2 black wires with white stripes on them. The new thermostat calls for an RH wire and a W wire, but I have no way of distinguishing the two apart. How can I tell which wire...

Did my landlord hook the thermostat up right? [ 9 Answers ]

I am renting a home and the landlord just put in a new programmable thermostat. I know that she has messed up installing other items in the house and I think she might have messed this up. Here is why, when I turn on the heat the air conditioner unit out side also turns on (maybe it is just acting...

View more questions Search