Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stillalakersfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 08:07 AM
    I want to convert a phone jack to be the main phone jack. How do I do that?
    I want to use the phone jack in my basement to connect my Vonage phone adapter in order to distribute the service to all phone jacks in my house. But I need to convert it to the "main" jack in order for the Vonage signal to be distributed. I was told I should be able to convert this jack to the main one as they are wired in parallel.

http://support.vonage.com/doc/en_us/649.xml?docid=69
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2010, 06:05 AM

After you isolate from outside, connect to the closest/easiest jack.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a wall phone jack be replaced with a flush jack [ 3 Answers ]

The wall jack currently has some gray pieces already wired however the wires have disintegrated can I cut this off restrip the wire coming out of the wall and install a regular flush jack. If not how difficult would it be to rewire a wall phone jack?

Rewire a phone jack to the main line [ 3 Answers ]

We recently had a second telephone line disconnected. It currently has no dial tone/calling capabilities. When we asked the phone company, they told us to rewire the jack, but we are not sure what to do. The box outside has wires connected in two different spots (1 = striped orange wires...

Rewiring existing phone jack to main line [ 3 Answers ]

I have two phone lines. I want to disconnect 2nd line but need to rewire that jack to main number. The jack has green red top l to rt blk yello bottom left to right. I tried switching the yellow to blk and green to red. But it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? How should they go?

Switching the jack to main phone line [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! A few years ago, I got a phone line for my daughter's room/computer. My daughter is in college and now we have cable. I cancelled the 2nd line now.:o I would like to change the jack back to the main number without calling the phone company and paying a bajillion dollars! What do I do? :o

View more questions Search