Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MICHAELING Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 07:56 AM
    Pressure Drop In One Bathroom
    I Have A Sudden Drop In Cold & Hot Water In Only One Bathroom Sink. Shower Fine And All Other Bathrooms (3) Fine. Traced Pipes And See No Leaks.
    Hot Water Tank Has Been Making Some Sounds Like Marbles In The Pipes, But Other Than That, No Indication Of Anything. Could This Be A Valve That Is Unique To This Bathroom And Why Both Hot And Cold?

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 25, 2006, 08:18 AM
    Hey Michael,

You have no choice but to first remove the aerator on the spout and turn the water on. If you have a strong stream then clean the aerator screens or replace it. If you still haven't got a decent flow the shut the water off in the angle stops in the cabinet, open up the valve and check and clean the inlet ports on the cartridge or the seats if a two handled faucet. Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss of pressure in bathroom shower [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All Need help. The electric shower in my bathroom has recently had a severe drop in water pressure, so much so that it is no more than a trickle of water now. I have checked the plumbing and there doesn't appear to be any breaks, leaks or blockages. Every other tap in the house has normal...

No Hot Water Pressure in Bathroom Cartridge Faucet [ 7 Answers ]

I have no hot water pressure in one of my sinks in the Master bath. All other faucets in the bathroom are fine and cold water comes out of the problematic faucet with ease. I have reviewed some of the similar posts and opened up my single handle faucet to clean the cartridge. The cartridge was...

Pressure Drop HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday, the temperature dropped into the teens in Denver. No hose was connected, yet the valve outside blew after I flushed the toilet at 5am! It sounded like a freight train driving through my basement! We did get a small amount of water in the basement that flooded down the unfinished wall...

Low pressure in my upstairs bathroom shower [ 7 Answers ]

I need some help. My bathroom on the 2nd floor has very little hot water pressure in the sink and shower... I cleaned out the screens and had my hot water heater flushed... any ideas?

Cold water in bathroom sink lacks pressure [ 3 Answers ]

No other outputs affected. Recently, had sprinkler system put in. They cut main line and patched it. At first, lots of muddy water was coming out of sink, toilet and shower. Then all water stopped. They found the debris in the pipe and cleaned it out. All worked well, but now my cold water...

View more questions Search