Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Dec 7, 2011, 08:03 AM
    Anti-gravitational law
    Who has not heard about Sir Issac Newton's law of gravity?
    But, who has heard about Albert Einestein's anti-gravitational law?

General Law of relativity says that if the speed of an object rises about that of light, its behaviour alters. But, does the anti-gravity law comes into force? I read somewhere about an experiment conducted by Einestein, with the help of Hitlor, in which some men were taken in a sea-ship, which was revolved at high speed, but after the ship paused, all but three were found dead. Of the three, one got insane, other got deaf, dumb and blind, while the third was lost/disappeared. The missing of that third man is still a mystery and many believe, he might have gone into the past, and might have experienced what Einestein called TIME dilation. Any clues?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 7, 2011, 08:48 AM
    This is nonsense. Where did you hear such crazy stuff from? You said you read this "somewhere" - perhaps it was in a comic book?

No, I have not heard of "Einestein's [sic] anti-gravitation law." And is "Hitlor" supposed to be Hitler? Albert Einstein was visiting the US in 1933 when Hitler came to power in Germany, and he never went back. So do you really think it possible he would have somehow been supported by the Nazis?

As for a ship rotating at a high speed causing someone to travel through time - this sounds like the plot of a bad science fiction movie. There is no basis in fact whatsoever.
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Dec 7, 2011, 09:50 AM
    E. Baines,

Thanks for the reply, but do not call anti-gravity phenomenon, sheer non-sense. I hope, you will appreciate me for adding to your grand tank of gaint knowhow, by providing the following link from Wikipedia, which justifies and testifies, what I ask -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-gravity
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-gravity
    Expert

Dec 7, 2011, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahani Punjab View Post
    E. Baines,

Thanks for the reply, but do not call anti-gravity phenomenon, sheer non-sense. I hope, you will appreciate me for adding to your grand tank of gaint knowhow, by providing the following link from Wikipedia, which justifies and testifies, what I ask -

Anti-gravity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Anti-gravity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The nonsense I was referring to was the suggestion that Einstein and Hitler performed some sort of an experiment with a rotating ship that caused a person to travel backwards in time.

Thanks for the reference to the Wikipedia article on antigravity. It points out that no one has ever had any success trying to make "anti-gravity" work or fit into any existing theoretical model.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Dec 7, 2011, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    The nonsense I was referring to was the suggestion that Einstein and Hitler performed some sort of an experiment with a rotating ship that caused a person to travel backwards in time.

Thanks for the reference to the Wikipedia article on antigravity. It points out that no one has ever had any success trying to make "anti-gravity" work or fit into any existing theoretical model.

I think Kahani Punjab is thinking of the Philadelphia Experiment.

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phi...hia_Experiment

Tut
    Expert

Dec 8, 2011, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    I think Kahani Punjab is thinking of the Philadelphia Experiment.

Philadelphia Experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tut
    You may be right - I remember the movie, but didn't realize it was based on a pre-existing hoax. Sort of like how "Area 51" aliens keep showing up in Hollywood movies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question on gravitational law [ 1 Answers ]

Every point mass attracts every single other point mass by a force pointing along the lineintersecting both points. The force is proportional to the product of the two masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them , Where: F is the force between the masses, G is...

Does Florida have an Anti-deficiency law in Real estate Foreclosures [ 2 Answers ]

Does Florida have an Anti-deficiency law pertaining to Mortgage Foreclosures

Physics problem involving Newton's 2nd Law and the Gravitational Force [ 2 Answers ]

You observe an arti cial satellite orbiting the earth. You estimates it is at an altitude h = km above the earth's surface and has a mass m = 3500 kg. You wish to calculate when the satellite will be back in the same position. From the second law of motion and the gravitational force law,...

Is there an anti-gravitational room on earth? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know the answer to this. I'm very curious

View more questions Search