Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpenn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Foot & Ankle Pain
    My husband ( 56 yrs. Old ) fell about 2 yrs. Ago and injured his left foot and ankle he went to the doctors, she gave him a coritsone injection the shot gave him some relief for a little while she also fit him for inserts to put in shoes but they caused him to have more pain. It's 2 yrs. Later and he is still having problems and pain, he has burning and tingling in the bottom of his foot the tingling is constant and he has a steady pain in the middle of the bottom of the foot, the burning comes when he walks on it ( about the length of a supermarket ) the more he walks the more it burns he has pain on the left side of his ankle that radiates along the left side of his foot there is discoloration on the left side of the ankle ( looks like it's burised ) when he walks for a long time he said it feels like his toes are being pulled up. The MRI report said 1st MPT minimal osteoarthritis withdistal 1st metatarsal head cyst it also said there is an artifact which may be due to prior surgery, he hasn't had any surgery.Could you please give me your opinoin of what could be wrong with his foot, any help would greatly appreicated.
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Feb 15, 2008, 12:15 AM
    It seems like your husband has problems with circulation of blood in the extremities. It happens in smokers, and diabetics and people who have high cholesterol or a heart condition. The fall appears to be a coincidence. If that were the cause it should pain even at rest. Again an MRI will not show the status of circulation - you should get an ultrasound/doppler test.
    That is all I can assume as I do not have any more details.
    PS the bruising /discolouration sounds a bit ominous. Have that checked please.
    TRUCKER 45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 07:46 AM

The top of my feet from ankle to toe started to burn last night when I got up to get ready for bed. It still burns this morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot and ankle "bone brusie" [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bad bone bruise or stress fracture to the talus and cuboid bones in my Left foot. Depends on which Dr. I ask one calls it a bruise one calls it a stress fracture. I was hard casted for 3 weeks and in a cam for another week And then back in to a hard cast again now for another 4 weeks....

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Foot pain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 49 and have been experiencing severe pain on the inside part of my right foot, I can move it around without any pain but if I press on the specific area it is extremely sore, Sometimes I feel that my foot wants to give way, I also find I have to walk pressing my foot to the right side...

Foot pain and swelling top cneter portion of my foot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: The top of my foot is swollen and in pain. Thye took and exray and it showed degenerative changes in my foot? What does that mean? :confused:

Painful foot and ankle rash. So swollen I can't even walk. [ 2 Answers ]

I am so freaked out. Yesterday morning my feet, ankles and lower legs broke out into a red, itchy flat almost hive looking in one spot and bumpy in other spots rash. It's not on the bottoms of my feet, but everywhere else on feet and ankles. As it gets higher it spread out in random spots of...

View more questions Search