Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Refaat Danial Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2013, 04:03 PM
    How I can fix speakers for Dell laptop?
    I used to hear some programs on my labtop,some times I use headset,suddenly my speakers don't work any more,I can hear only through headphones,how I could hear from speakers again?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 11, 2013, 06:43 PM
    It's hard to say. The way a headphone jack functions is when you insert the plug it interrupts the connection to the speakers by moving a spring like clip out of the way and causing the common connection to the speakers to cut out. That way when you remove the plug the springy clip returns to its original position creating the connection to the speakers once again. If the clip is weak and doesn't return, or is broken off (made in china) the speakers cannot function. Are you sure your speakers are not muted in your settings?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting my new (to me) Dell GX270 to an external Teac amp for full sized speakers [ 0 Answers ]

I recently bought a refurbished Dell GX270-P428-MAR-11R and would like to line-out to an external amp. The computer has an output for a 3.5mm coax plug and the amp has inputs for left and right channel 3.25mm plugs. There would be about 25 feet between the two units. Is it as simple as making a...

Can I use dell laptop windows on lenovo laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

My brother purchased dell laptop.he got a windows 7 with it.he installed it on his dell lap top.I want to install win 7 on my ibm lenovo laptop also. Can I install it?what about the cd key?

Can a hard drive from a Compaq laptop fit in a Dell Laptop? [ 2 Answers ]

So here's the thing, I own a Compaq laptop and my screen broke. So instead of buying a new screen, I'm getting a Dell laptop from a friend because his hard drive went out and he doesn't want it anymore. So I want to swap the hard drive from my compaq with the one in the dell. Will it work?

Problem in my laptop speakers [ 3 Answers ]

I have laptop HP pavilion dv6500, suddenly I noticed that the right speaker was not working and the left one is working but the sound is not very good, I raised the volum of the voice to the top(100%) at that time the left speaker stopped working, but when I connect the headphone the sound comes...

Connect speakers to laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I have a laptop and a music mixer software in my laptop and I wanted to connect it to the speakers of my house. Does anybody know how can I do it?

View more questions Search