Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luwanna Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 11:54 AM
    Fan will not shut off
    My furnace is turned off but the fan keeps running. You can feel cool air coming out of the vents. How can I get the fan to shut off?
    luwanna Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 12:07 PM
    Furnace fan keeps running
    I have a Heil furnace that is approx. 20 years old. The furnace fan runs continually. I have the furnace shut off but the fan keeps blowing cold air out of the vents.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 06:42 AM
    Sounds like a stuck or defective blower
    Fan relay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

Blower fan will not shut off; where is the limit switch located at on a concord furnace?

Fan and A/C won't shut off [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Carrier (model number 58pav135-16) furnace that has a fan and A/C unit that will not shut off. Is it the limit switch? Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Fan will not shut off [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Ruud Heat Pump. The inside fan will not turn off when thermostat temp is reached. It seems to work fine in the Air Condition cycle, but not in heat mode. I have changed the inside Air Handler and tstat thinking this would solve the problem, but no luck. Any suggestions??

Fan won't shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Turn thermostat on too heat, it starts fine. When temp is reach, gas goes off, but fan still runs. Open the panel and swicth pops out fan goes off . Round thremostat dial. Thanks Jim

A/c fan doesn't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a company install some cellulose insulation in my house. Since then, my air conditioning unit does not shut off until I turn up the temperature button to 80. Is it possible that something could be in the attic coils that makes the fan unit not shut off?

View more questions Search