Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zazen79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 03:03 PM
    Moen push/pull crystal faucets hard to push/pull
    Hi. I have Moen crystal looking single facuets (I don't like) that are about 7 years old, came with the new house. They started getting dirty and so I took the handles off and cleaned them with soap and a scum cleaner and used a screwdriver to get some of the "plaque" out. Now, even after spraying everything down with WD40 they are all hard to push and pull. What have I done? Any Help will be appreciated, I don't know anything about plumbing.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 3, 2011, 03:47 PM

Call 1-800-Buy MOEN. Tell them what you have. Get a new free cartridge.
    Turn water off. Remove handle, remove chrome sleeve.It just slides off. Remove little U shaped clip that holds cartridge in. Pull out cartridge. It may be a little difficult to pull out. If so, put handle back on and use it to pull cartridge out. If you can't pull cartridge out with handle you will have to purchase a Moen cartridge puller. Available at Home Depot.

After removing old cartridge install new cartridge. When installing new cartridge, do so with it in the open position. That is pull the stem out and press the cartridge body down into the valve. Reinstall the little U shape clip. Put chrome sleeve back on. Put handle back on. Turn water on. If water comes out reversed, that is the hot comes out when turned to cold and the cold comes out when turned to hot, remove handle, turn stem 180 degrees and reinstall handle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convert Moen single-handle push/pull shower to rotate left/right [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen shower handle with push/pull (turn-on/turn-off water) action. It uses Moen 1225 cartridge. Is there a way to convert it to rotate left/right to turn on/off water? Conversion kit available? Thanks, James

Pull Cord won't pull on my Briggs and Stratton 650 Series push mower [ 5 Answers ]

Ok here goes... The pull cord is stuck. Its pulls out about 4 inches then the cord stops. Looking into the cord area ontop of mower, I notice a small white plastic piece getting caught in a notch built into the cord housing. Now... when I loosen the cord a little bit, I can slide a butter knife...

Moen single lever shower handle hard to push/pull open/close [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen single lever shower handle that is very hard to push/pull open or close. The fixture is approx. 15 years old. I replaced the plastic handle (it was broken inside) and tried to squirt penetrating oil in the valve which had no effect. If I take off the plate can I access and...

Push-Pull Push-Pull [ 3 Answers ]

My Ex GF and I have been boken up for 3months now. We are still totally connected and a lot of the time I feel that we are still in love with each other. We were together for 4.5 years. When we broke up she started to date this guy, A guy that she admitted to having a crush on while we were...

Gravity: A push or a pull? [ 1 Answers ]

Is gravity bent space-time which causes mass to "slide down hill" or is it a push force or pressure that is everywhere the universe that is shielded by mass? What experiments do or would show which model is correct?

View more questions Search