Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elshedy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 11:08 PM
    Mosquito rearing problem
    I have a problem with mosquito larave rearing , and I don't know what is the reason , as it was going good before with me but now it comes up and I don't know why?!

The problem is the larvae hatch from egg and feed till the fourth instar and then die!! And I don't know why
    I have changed the rearing plated from plastic plate to metal one and also the same
    All the steps are fixed as before but the larave still dying reaching the 4th instar

Can any body help with that
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 11:37 PM
    I can't help, but I had to post.

Are you saying that you're breeding mosquitos? Why? I'm really curious to know, because I have to say, most people kill them, have no purpose for them. So why would you breed them?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 9, 2013, 01:56 AM
    I assume you're raising your own bait for fishing or perhaps you're a supplier for a testing lab. Non-viable pupae is normally a sign of too much inbreeding.
    elshedy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2013, 07:45 AM
    I'm working on public health insects which cause diseases for human being , and mosquitoes is the most popular insect which cause malaria - dangue fever - etc... I'm rear them for insecticide resistance and other issues and these experiments need pure mosquito to work on that is why u need to get pure generations free from exposure to insecticide and any other environmental factors

Thanks for your reply
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 10, 2013, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elshedy View Post
    im working on public health insects which cause diseases for human being , and mosquitoes is the most popular insect which cause malaria - dangue fever - etc ... im rear them for insecticide resistance and other issues and these experiments need pure mosquito to work on that is why u need to get pure generations free from exposure to insecticide and any other environmental factors

thanks for your reply
    You might consider getting two or three strains so that you can cross breed every few generations to maintain both vitality and purity. That way you can use one strain for testing, one for a control, and have a strain in reserve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mosquito bites:( [ 9 Answers ]

How long do mosquito bites take to go away, and or, how can I make them go away more quick? I've got very very big mosquito bites(dime size) is that normal?

Mosquito in my car [ 2 Answers ]

Which spray I should to kill them? Any recommendation?

Mosquito eater [ 1 Answers ]

What is a mosquito eater?

Mosquito bites [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know of anything besides DEET, that will prevent mosquito bites. I hate putting pesticide on my skin, but nothing seems to work. Thanks. Cindy

View more questions Search