Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MITZI526 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Kitchen sink drain pipe leak
    I have a big leak under the kitchen floor, I went under the house and I can see the leak which is right in the center of the kitchen. The crawling space was very minimal and hard to get to the cast iron pipe. I was thinking about opening the kitchen floor which is wood to see if I can fix the damage from there by cutting the pipe and replacing it with PC pipes and cupplers. I would like to know if this is a good way about doing it or if there is a much simpler way. Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you and have a great day!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 6, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Could you be a bit more specifc about the site of the leak. Is this a joint in a cast iron pipe or is there a hole or some other fixture? Back to you. Don't cut that floor yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak where pipe joins the sink [ 2 Answers ]

When my partners earring fell down the sink I had to remove the "u" shaped pipe to retrieve it.upon doing so the seal was broken where the piping is joined to the ceramic sink.what can I use to make this seal water thight again?any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Unexplained large kitchen sink leak [ 8 Answers ]

Last night after running the water normally and rinsing off vegatables I noticed the kitchen sink draining a little slow, but nothing I thought anything of. After running the water and rinsing off the veggies and washing the dishes I turned off the water and the sink drained. I did not run the...

PVC pipe to kitchen drain/strainer leak [ 3 Answers ]

How do I securely fasten the connection from the pvc pipe to the strainer? I have the plastic stopper inside the strainer nut that screws into the drain tightly but water trickles from the connection. The pvc pipe can slide up and down when the nut to the strainer is securely fastened. What do I...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search