Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ferchak48 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 04:56 AM
    Temp. Is wrong on oven
    I have a Frigidaire, gallery series oven.
    After setting the temp. to 400 the oven pre-heats and
    Beeps at 300 and continues to heat up to 350
    However, it never reaches the requested temp.
    Is there a way to increase a thermostat or some
    Other manual adjustment?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 13, 2009, 05:10 AM
    Exact model number?

Jan 14, 2009, 03:49 AM
    Glef379dcc

Jan 14, 2009, 04:53 AM
    Oven probe
    Manufacturer: Frigidaire Mfr Part # : 316217001

Welcome to the digital age.

Since the manuals I have access to are basically just parts manuals I have no way to tell you if the electronic module is adjustable but probably not.

If your oven Bake and Broil elements get hot (glow) then you know that they are good. That test you can do by operating the various elements as a test.

The item posted in the picture above is the temperature proble and that item is what tells the electronic control module what temperature it is in the oven and I believe it is about 40.00. Since I have no way to tell you how to test it I would consider replacing that part first since it is a lot cheaper than the electronic control module.

Here is the web site I get the info on for parts so have a look for yourself. BUT once again make sure both the Bake and Broil elements are working before ordering the probe since if one of the elements is not working that can change the ball game.

Part Advantage :: Category Search

Jan 14, 2009, 05:58 AM

I went to that site for the part and the reply was: Sorry, there were no parts in model GLEF379DCC
    Matching your keyword 'temperature probe'
    Any other suggestions?

Jan 14, 2009, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ferchak48 View Post
    I went to that site for the part and the reply was: Sorry, there were no parts in model GLEF379DCC
    matching your keyword 'temperature probe'
    Any other suggestions?

click image to enlarge

Frigidaire Part Number 316217001

Description:
    PROBE,OVEN TEMP

Manufacturer: Frigidaire Mfr Part # : 316217001 Our Part # : 10455655 Status : IN STOCK
    Our Price : $ 37.99 Qty :
    Part Advantage :: Part Search

Jan 14, 2009, 07:27 AM
    Part Advantage :: Category Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric oven element - what is wrong. [ 1 Answers ]

Have an electric oven. The bottom element won't work. The element is fine. Bought a brand new element and still doesn't work. It is something else. What can it be and how can I test it? What could the possibilities be? Thanks.

Heat not kicking on until the temp dips below 64 degrees, target temp set to 72 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time posting here, but I figured it was a good place to start for some advice. I just bought a new townhouse a few weeks ago and have been having some heating issues since moving in. The actual furnace (Goodman GMS 8045) was installed in June of '06 while the unit was...

Furnace not kicking on when temp drops below thermostat set temp [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a Beckett oil heat water on demand furnace that heats through baseboards. Since this past weekend the furnace hasn't been kicking on when the temperature drops below my set temp of 68 degrees. I have to go down to the furnace and simply touch the top of the reset box for it to kick on. ...

Differential of return temp and cooled exit air temp [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the problem I am having, I had a new unit installed last year on my new house. I noticed that the compressor runs for a long time and shut off for a short period. This got my attention and wondered if the unit is running efficiently. I had my doubts from the start since the A coil looked...

Temp gauge showing temp, 2001 Chev Malibu [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Chev Malibu LS, V6, temp gauge is not showing any heat at all, not registering when I know the coolant is hot ? Veh has about 126000 mi on it, never been flushed out, thought I would attempt to flush myself but don't you think the problem might be a bad thermostat ? If so, where and...

View more questions Search