Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bob73 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 06:38 AM
    CD-R/W error message
    I receive a "destination drive in use" error message when I attempt to copy a disk on this Compaq Presario. I'm using Nero and it loads fine up to the point of the actual burn. The message. Any help will be appreciated and thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2006, 07:01 AM
    Are you copying data from the PC to a CD? Are you using a CD/RW? If so, did you format it first? Do you have only one drive? Have you tried different blank disks?

Dec 20, 2006, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Are you copying data from the PC to a CD? Are you using a CD/RW? If so, did you format it first? Do you have only one drive? Have you tried different blank disks?
    I'm attempting to copy a data disk, CD-ROM to CD-R/W drives, using Nero. The blank disks are qualified. As stated before, Nero fails at the final burn and errors out.

Dec 20, 2006, 07:32 AM
    Try slowing down the speed of the burn.

Dec 20, 2006, 10:43 AM
    Try slowing down the speed of the burn.

Sorry, dropped from 4x to 2x with the same result. (If this were my box I'd know what to do with it.) But it belongs to a neighbor so I must let it live. Thanks, Scott, for the comebacks. I'll return the critter whence it came.

Dec 20, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Try upgrading the Nero software. Also check the disks. If the choices were 2x and 4x then the drive is pretty old. If the disks are newer high speed disks, you might have a problem with them on an older drive.

Dec 21, 2006, 11:20 AM
    Try upgrading the Nero software. Also check the disks. If the choices were 2x and 4x then the drive is pretty old. If the disks are newer high speed disks, you might have a problem with them on an older drive.
    Scott, you are the tech champ... Updating Nero resolved the problem... I thank you for your expertise, as does my neighbor... Have a good day today & a better day tomorrow... Bob

Dec 21, 2006, 11:21 AM
    Glad to assist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error Message [ 2 Answers ]

I keep getting the following error message. It started after I downloaded Microsoft IE 7. I have since dumped 7 and restored my prior version but keep getting this error. Can anyone help me get rid of it? The instruction “at 0x74986b37” referenced memory at “0x00000024”. The memory could not...

Error message [ 1 Answers ]

Error message when trying to save a web page. Please help me Marthie

Error message [ 4 Answers ]

Help me. Every time I turn on my computer I get this message A Fatal Exception OE has occurred at 0028:00c9106c. The current application will be terminated. I am using Windows 98SE What does this mean message mean and how do I fix it?

Error message [ 8 Answers ]

After a recent about with a virus my computer gives me the error message Explorer.exe- Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000005). Click OK to terminate the application. Any hints on how to fix this. I still have access to explorer in safe mode but that's...

View more questions Search