Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keithpowell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 01:47 PM
    Oriana 1 passenger lists
    Hi all,

I am trying to find the passenger lists for the Oriana between 1963 and 1966. We travelled to and from Australia at those dates, (I think).

Is there any place I can look?

Thank you,

Keith Powell
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 20, 2010, 10:16 AM

Immigration office.
    esposa1501 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 09:24 PM
    Have you tried contacting P&O directly and finding out what happens to their archived information? I know that the privacy laws hold us back from view certains information up to a certain date but I don't know off hand how the passenger lists fall into this category.

I use to run around the Oriana as a child as my Uncle worked on it and I was always under the impression that P&O owned the vessel before it was sold off in the early 80's. If they did you could contact them and ask directly where they go and who holds them and if they have already been moved to the NAA then you could ask them if they are allowed to be viewed since they are not on the system as yet.

I do feel for you as I am searching for the passenger list of the FAIRSEA 04 April 1963. I too have come up against a wall.
    Esposa
    Christine Teale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2012, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowell View Post
    Hi all,

I am trying to find the passenger lists for the Oriana between 1963 and 1966. We travelled to and from Australia at those dates, (I think).

Thank you,

Keith Powell
    We may have been on the same ship for the outward journey, Keith! I was with my baby son, and we disembarked at Colombo. I am trying to ascertain the date we left Southampton and the date we arrived in Colombo.

From Christine Teale (now living in Darwin, Australia)
    carlosweb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 09:19 PM
    Dear sir!!

My grand father came in argentina from france on the orania ship among his families.

Where I can find the passanger list from the orania ship (1929 year)
    Carlos
    Buenos aires
    [email protected]

May 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowell View Post
    Hi all,

Thank you,

Keith Powell

My father come into argentina in orania ship among his families in 1929
    I am looking for passenger lists on 1929

Salute
    Carlos
    [email protected]

May 30, 2012, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by esposa1501 View Post
    Have you tried contacting P&O directly and finding out what happens to their archived information? I know that the privacy laws hold us back from view certains information up to a certain date but I don't know off hand how the passenger lists fall into this catagory.

I use to run around the Oriana as a child as my Uncle worked on it and I was always under the impression that P&O owned the vessel before it was sold off in the early 80's. If they did you could contact them and ask directly where they go and who holds them and if they have already been moved to the NAA then you could ask them if they are allowed to be viewed since they are not on the system as yet.

I do feel for you as I am searching for the passenger list of the FAIRSEA 04 April 1963. I too have come up against a wall.
    Esposa

Salute
    Carlos
    [email protected]

May 30, 2012, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine Teale View Post
    We may have been on the same ship for the outward journey, Keith! I was with my baby son, and we disembarked at Colombo. I am trying to ascertain the date we left Southampton and the date we arrived in Colombo.

From Christine Teale (now living in Darwin, Australia)
    Hello

Salute
    Carlos
    [email protected]
    madgebob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 05:18 AM
    I too sailed on that ship Keith, in 1963 with my mum,dad,and five sisters to Melbourne Victoria Australia it was one of the best times of my life.. after two years we returned to Leicester England where I have lived ever since.

Ruth Smith

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cruise Ship Oriana Passenger List 1964 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site and I am not sure if this question can be answered or even if I am posting it in the correct category, but here goes... My parents and I emigrated from Sydney, Australia in June 1964 on the (original) cruise ship Oriana bound for the United States. My mother...

Quit claim deeds lists 6, special warranty lists 2: who owns it? [ 5 Answers ]

My mother recently passed. She changed her trust from 6 to 4 children, removing 2 from receiving anything. The older real estate quit claim deed listed all six. A newer real estate special warranty deed lists only two (co-trustees) . Who owns the property? And how do we proceed? A quit claim...

Mailing lists [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to obtain FREE local mailing lists?

Distribution lists [ 1 Answers ]

I use OE and create Distribution Lists often (Groups). I Cannot figure out how to set Distribution Lists so the names of all the people in the list do not show in the email that is sent out. I have received other people's distribution lists that are set up with their own name in the TO: box,...

View more questions Search